- Hartford, CT
- United States – Remote
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
This position is within the Accounting Controls group which reports into the Corporate Controllers organization. The immediate focus of this position assume daily and month-end responsibilities over the cash control processes within Group Benefits (GB) and Property Casualty (PC). The position is also responsible to guide our Cognizant teammates with their activities, communication and issue resolution. Position can be performed from any office or remote.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Able to perform all daily/monthly reconciliation of complex balance sheet accounts for cash suspense and other financial statement line item accounts.
- Complete standard and adhoc journal entries.
- Provide support to lines of business’ projects concerning premium, commission, claim processing and tax reporting as well as treasury, compliance, legal, IT and other internal and external business partners.
- Evaluate and improve processes, workflows, and procedures ensuring documentation is comprehensive to manage the accounts and resolve issues.
- Participate on special projects requiring accounting expertise, conducts ad-hoc analyses as needed, and provides solution options;
- Support various audit needs including those to support The Hartford’s policies, SOX, internal audit, external audit or other regulatory bodies.
- Participate on projects impacting the financial systems which include updates to existing platforms, integration of newly purchased applications, and special projects in result of acquisitions or divestitures.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Accounting Degree Preferred
- Critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently, but also to contribute as part of a team.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with each of our business partner groups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data query tools.
- General understanding of Cash Receipts and Cash Disbursements that support Paid Claims and Collected Premiums or Recoveries.
- General understanding of The Hartford’s Products, Premium and Claim Cycles a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!