Administrative Assistant to the Director of Engineering
In 2015 IOHK founders, Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, set out to cause cascading disruption, committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. They knew back then that they had to first create a place that was designed to enable such unprecedented ambition. A place where incredibly talented individuals are actually empowered to put their best work into the hands of millions of people to build on and explore new ways of working together. As IOHK continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks.
Each and every role in our business is of equal importance to us. To that end, we are searching for individuals across all functions who display strong analytical skills and are constantly seeking to learn new technologies & solve complex problems. As a distributed team advanced communication skills and the ability to integrate seamlessly as a team member across different areas of the organisation is essential; as is resourcefulness and self motivation. Our people are curious and passionate about their work and we encourage an inclusive and collaborative environment where we support each other in knowledge sharing and personal growth. As a distributed team we use a variety of online communication on a daily basis and keep connected via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
Some projects that we’ve recently completed or are working on:
- IOHK | A vision for blockchain in Africa
- Cardano Whiteboard: Overview with Charles Hoskinson
- IOHK | Cardano Testnets. May 2018
IOHK is recruiting an Administrative Assistant, to support the day-to-day activity of our Director of Engineering. We are searching for a highly organised, disciplined and motivated individual who can keep pace with the Director of Engineering’s busy schedule.
- Contact people daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly (depending on the case) to track progress on tasks that they have promised to do for the Director of Engineering.
- Approve trip requests in our Finance system when the destination is a pre-approved event and pre-established rules are satisfied. Forward exceptional cases to the Director of Engineering.
- Approve leave requests in our HR system when pre-established rules are satisfied. Forward exceptional cases to the Director of Engineering.
- Prepare financial reports for activities of the Department of Engineering.
- Check the list of contractors sent by Finance once per month.
- Be a point of contact for other departments to raise issues asynchronously to the Department of Engineering.
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Organize and schedule appointments.
- Book travel and meetings hosted by Director of Engineering (including attendees, agenda, location, budget).
- Groom the wiki space of the Engineering department periodically.
- Filter emails and slack messages sent to the Director of Engineering.
- Applied knowledge of efficient time-management methodologies (GTD, Kanban, Scrum).
- Ability to conduct meetings or participate in meetings efficiently.
- Excellent writing skills (concise, unambiguous, grammatically correct).
- Ability to keep documentation organized.
- Ability to effectively use modern communication, documentation and management tools (wikis, issue trackers, email, messaging apps)
Education / Experience
- Ideally three years relevant, senior level administrative work experience.
- Experience working for both large companies with established structures and processes and for startups trying to figure out their structure and processes would be a significant stand-out factor.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, within short time constraints, and prioritize according to the appropriate level of urgency and business value.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!