Virtual Administrative Assistant for Urban Sustainability Directors Network
Position Type: Full-time, non-exempt from overtime. Expected hours are 9-5 local time. Temporary role for July – November 2019 (exact dates TBD).
Position Description: The USDN Administrative Assistant plays a crucial role in supporting information exchange among members by delivering member services and providing support to other staff in a virtual team environment.
This position will provide administrative support through the following tasks:
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, and webinars for members and staff, working with various national and international time zones and logistical challenges.
- Manage calendars for several senior staff members.
- Assist with logistics, like call reminders, recordings, and attendance tracking, for webinars and conference calls.
- Assist with data entry, maintaining member and project tracking systems.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or similar experience required.
- Background in administrative assistance or customer service preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability or local government desirable.
- 1-2 years related experience required. May include internships.
- Experience in detail-oriented position preferred.
- Experience in a virtual administrative role preferred.
- Experience in managing multiple calendars and complex scheduling requests required.
- Skilled in calendar management platforms, like Doodle or Google Calendar.
- Skilled in computer technology, including Microsoft Office and Google products
- Commitment to provide high-level administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Diplomatic, comfortable interacting with Board members, city officials, and funders.
- Excellent communication skills to keep multiple team members abreast of progress with ongoing tasks for primarily independent work, while in a virtual environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to accurately meet and communicate about deadlines with initiative.
- Organized, analytical, and highly motivated.
- Proactive, able to identify potential issues and brainstorm solutions.
- Results-oriented and committed to learning and continuous improvement.
- Mission-driven with a passion for fostering social, economic, or environmental change
Compensation: $15-18/hour, 40 hours/week.
Location: USDN has no central office, so the position is strictly work-from-home with weekly web meetings. Candidates must furnish their own quiet office space, computer, high-speed Internet connection, and Microsoft Office suite.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!