Application Systems Programmer Analyst
Application Systems Programmer Analyst
About the Job
This is a virtual/remote position which can be performed from most states within the United states. This person will help support the Corporate Bank applications in a technical support role.
With minimal supervision, the candidate should be able to perform the following:
- Advanced hands-on technical support with a strong focus on client impact and automation of support processes.
- Ability to understand general security standards and code deployment standards.
- Respond to errors and emergencies within applications and programs.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of database and software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Monitor tickets assigned to the queue and process first – in first – out based on priority
- Work closely with infrastructure partners, internal lines of business, testing and developments teams.
- Write design for programs, files /system working with the clients on projects
- Test – Define system tests, conduct tests and verify
- Deploy – Migrate components to higher environments via established standards
- Ability to read XML and edit. Ability to write XML is a nice to have
- Ability to understand tables and write queries for Oracle Database using SQL Developer
- Ability to write scripts using Unix Bash scripting as well as editing current scripts as needed.
- Ability to integrate and support vendor supplied software.
- Ability to use Unix commands to maneuver between directories and extract data
- Ability to write Java Batch programs or edit old ones as needed
- Ability to write Apache Tomcat and Eclipse
- Ability to use TWS to look up mainframe jobs is a nice to have
- General knowledge of WebMethods, MQ, and WebSphere
Essential Job Functions
- Provides application support and participates in the on-call schedule – this includes nights and weekends
- Research issues leveraging application logs/database and infrastructure logs.
- Willing to train other team members
- Leads the deployment of new applications, upgrades and fixes.
- Integrates 3rd party solutions as applicable.
- Creates support solutions that are useable and efficient and can articulate them successfully to others
- Participates actively in solution analysis and creation of technical design, and evaluates 3rd party solutions as applicable.
- Understand the application and how it interfaces with other applications
- Provides planning estimates for development solutions and works with others to encourage idea generation and accuracy of estimates.
- Offers alternative Development tasks to save time and money.
- Completes successful Unit testing, documents results and recommends turn over to Quality Engineering Services or our Operations partners for Integrated Testing within schedule and budget. Encourages all other team members to do the same.
- Documents functions and changes to new or modified applications, test scripts/results and backup/recovery procedures.
- Completes appropriate System Documentation clearly and effectively and communicates to others.
- Communicates when development tasks could be at risk to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audience
- Creates code packages, as required, for migrating code to production in mainframe or distributed environment using the appropriate packaging tool.
- Create and follow change request to completion.
- Prepare training materials needed for technical team related to supported applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or work experience equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in application support related processes.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others, and independently.
FLSA Status Exempt
Schedule Type Full-Time
About the Business
Key Technology and Operations (KTO) is Key Bank’s shared services organization for technology, operational, and servicing functions supporting business partners and clients across all lines of business. Within the overall organization, KTO provides efficient, reliable and secure technology; creates an effective variable cost technology delivery model that maximizes the return on IT spend; orchestrates the efficient use of corporate information and technology assets; and supports innovation that creates competitive distinction. KTO is effective and efficient in payment and deposit servicing, loan servicing, exception and dispute processing, investment and support services, sourcing and procurement, as well as enterprise-wide fraud prevention, investigations and operational support to human resources and the Bank’s BSA/AML program.
KeyCorp’s roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
Address 1 4910 Tiedeman Road
Job Family INFOTK-Recruiting-Information Technology
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
4910 Tiedeman Road, Brooklyn OH
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!