Associate 3-Dimensional Computer Aided Design Designer
Associate 3D CAD Designer
- US, REMOTE
- FOOTWEAR DESIGN
- FULL TIME
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Brooks Associate 3D CAD Designer, you will be responsible for creating new digital possibilities with the Footwear Design department. You are part of a team that is a resource for digital design within Footwear at Brooks. We will use these resources in many aspects of our Footwear design process, from visualization of color, material, and form to Finite Element Analysis and Bio mechanical Virtual Testing. You will create 3D models and have a keen eye for detail when it comes to digital renders. As the Associate 3D CAD Designer, you will need a balance of both creativity and technical skill to be successful.
- Efficiently create and revise surface / solid models according to modeling best practices and manufacturing standards.
- Learn new methods for creating 3D CAD to grow your design toolbox. Translate design concepts into 3D models and update and modify existing models as required. Create 3D color CAD renders.
- Meet calendar deadlines and deliverables as directed by Manager and Senior 3D Designer.
- Support the 3D Designer team to create a digital CAD library of our products and take CAD files into Keyshot for production renders.
- Make necessary changes to models based on feedback from Manager and Senior 3D Designer.
- Continuously deepen your understanding of performance footwear construction, consumer knowledge, biomechanics, and design philosophy to grow your design skills.
- To be considered, please submit a portfolio of your work along with your application materials
- 3+ years of 3D CAD experience (using applications such as Rhino, Moto, KeyShot, etc.), required.
- Footwear specific knowledge preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to efficiently create and revise surface / solid models.
- Interest and ability to create unique solutions.
- Ability to use Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!