Associate Lifestyle Editor
Associate Lifestyle Editor – Well+Good
- Remote (US Based)
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
We are looking for an Associate Lifestyle Editor to help us grow our brand in this fast-paced writing and editing role for topics including sex, relationships, finance, career, astrology, mindfulness, and travel. While writing and editing tasks will be your primary focus, you’ll also be called upon for wide-ranging projects and developments, including working with audience development, social, and video teams in myriad ways. You’ll also be open to exploring potential managerial responsibilities of writers and other staffers.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Associate Lifestyle Editor grows with us. This position is remote (US based).
Leaf Group is a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness, Art & Design and Publishing. Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: Senior Lifestyle Editor
A typical day as a Associate Lifestyle Editor might include:
- Write 1 piece of content daily
- Edit and publish 2 stories a day
- Pitch daily news content geared toward lifestyle topics and beyond
- Call on your rolodex of experts to be in-the-know about what’s happening in the wellness industry and pitch and execute original, reported story ideas accordingly
- Attend market events and desksides to gather intel for content creation
- Work closely with social, design, and video teams to create content across platforms
- Attend to managerial duties, including guiding staffers through edits and being a communication liaison, as needed
- Report weekly metrics to Senior Lifestyle Editor to workshop what’s working and help define content strategy
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the lifestyle space in order to spot new trends before they hit it big
You’ll be successful if you’re comfortable producing content in the various focuses of this heavily viewed vertical, and you have a passion for producing best-in-class wellness and lifestyle content, including original reporting. You’re not someone who simply hops on the bandwagon—you’re the first person out of the gate, spotting and naming new trends and phenomenons, and your work is guided by a commitment to journalistic reporting standards.
What You Have:
- 2 to 4 years’ editorial experience, including writing and editing
- A rolodex of lifestyle experts and contacts
- Superior editorial judgment: You know which stories *need* to be covered (and how to do so in a new, interesting way) and which can be skipped
- Strong writing, editing, and reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time and juggle multiple tasks
- A passion for high-quality digital content
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2020 & 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably’s 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!