Back End Software Engineer
Remote Role/Work from Home
At Ad Hoc we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We’re committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
Ad Hoc is seeking a Back-End Software Engineer. This is a remote role.
We’re looking for a driven and organized Back-end Engineer to help deliver digital services for the American people. As an Ad Hoc Back-end Engineer, you will:
- Use Node.js, Ruby, Go or other programming languages to build scalable back-end services that gracefully integrate with legacy systems
- Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
This is a remote position
Our Federal contracts require that you must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- 2+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Must pass background check and provide references.
- Strong node.js experience
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS
Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
- Company-Subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!