Backend Software Engineer
Title: LCM – Backend Software Engineer
Location: Anywhere – World
Type: Full time
Category: Software Engineering
Employee Type: Regular
Job Summary: DataStax delivers the always-on, Active Everywhere distributed hybrid cloud database built on Apache Cassandra . We are seeking a Backend Software Engineer to join our team.
We are looking for a BackEnd Software Engineer to join our team and build software deployment and infrastructure automation tools to support customers that use DataStax Enterprise to power their applications though its data storage, search, analytics, and graph capabilities. This role is remote and can be located anywhere in the world.
Essential Job Functions:
The following functions are performed by the team as a whole. Not every team member spends equal time on all these functions, but we all cross-train to some extent and there are opportunities to contribute in all these areas.
- Key contributor on the LCM back-end.
- Key contributor to the DSE kubernetes operator.
- Implement new features along with automated unit tests.
- Perform regular code reviews.
- Automate end-to-end functional tests, design functional testing strategies.
- Resolve customer issues after escalation by support staff.
The full list of relevant skills for this position is extremely broad. If you excel in only 1 area or have some experience in a few and are interested in learning more, please apply. Candidates will get on-the-job mentorship in order to be productive.
- Experience working in *nix environments, automating software deployment, infrastructure automation, or container orchestration
- Experience with Clojure, another Lisp, or a functional programming language
- Experience with golang
- Familiarity with reading Java code and tuning a JVM is a bonus, but the role requires little Java development
- Self-driven, independent, and able to learn quickly
- Comfortable working on a distributed/remote team
- 3+ years programming experience. More experienced candidates will also be considered, and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with Cassandra or DataStax is a huge plus
You’ll be helping to build several automation tools including:
- OpsCenter, a monitoring and management solution for DataStax Enterprise (DSE) and focused on the Lifecycle Manager (LCM) feature used to install, configure, and manage DSE clusters.
- A Kubernetes operator to automate deployment and maintenance of DSE clusters running on Kubernetes.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!