Bioinformatics Analyst II, III
Bioinformatics Analyst II/III (Remote Possibility)
Job Locations: US-ME-Bar Harbor | US-Remote
Job ID: 2019-26937
Category: Biostatistician, Computational Scientist, Scientific Software Engineer
The Carter Lab is seeking a Bioinformatics Analyst to join our research in the genetics and genomics of Alzheimer’s disease. This position will focus on using bioinformatics and computational biology analyses to formulate therapeutic hypotheses to be tested in animal models. This analysis is a critical component of our goal to integrate diverse data resources, screen candidate compounds, and translate findings into preclinical tests using custom mouse models of disease.
- Mining genome-scale data and interpreting results.
- Performing statistical analysis, algorithm implementation, data visualization, and bioinformatics programming; packaging and interpreting results.
- Coordinating data analysis across multiple collaborating institutions.
- Mentoring junior level colleagues.
- Presenting at seminars and assisting in research planning.
- Bioinformatics Analyst II requires a MS degree in bioinformatics or relevent biological sciences field and at least five years of professional work experience in bioinformatics.
- Bioinformatics Analyst III requires a MS degree in bioinformatics or relevent biological sciences field and at least seven years professional work experience in bioinformatics OR a PhD in bioinformatics or relevent biological sciences field and bioinformatics postdoctoral fellowship and/or a minimum of two years of professional work experience in bioinformatics.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in genetics and genomic analyses, with particular expertise in integrative analysis of transcriptomic, proteomic, metabolomic, and curated data.
- Experience in Alzheimer’s disease research is preferred but not required.
We are open to considering partial or full remote work for the right candidate.
The Jackson Laboratory is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 2,000 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. A National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center, JAX has a mammalian genetics headquarters in Bar Harbor, Maine, a facility in Sacramento, California, and a genomic medicine facility, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM), in Farmington, Connecticut.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!