- Finance and Operations
- Remote or Austin, TX
- Part time
Thinkful is seeking a dynamic Bookkeeper to join our team. This is an exciting new opportunity that is being filled due to the fast growth of our company. This position will have a hand in the month end close process, both in terms of execution and process refinement. You will work closely with and report to our Controller.
You must be able to work independently and be a self-starter. Our ideal candidate is committed to being a team player, detail-oriented and highly organized. You should be comfortable on a computer and working remotely with a proven ability to organize data efficiently in programs like Excel and Quickbooks. Remote works requires strong communication skills and the ability to multi-tasks and adhere to deadlines with minimal supervision. Folks with experience as a Corporate Accountant or Bookkeeper, or who have experience implementing processes and procedures to help with a quick month-end and year-end close are encouraged to apply.
This is a part-time, remote position that will require 15-25 hours per week with the potential to evolve into a full-time Accounting position at Thinkful.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and yearly close procedures
- Ensure proper account coding and classification
- Assist with Balance Sheet account reconciliations including credit cards and bank accounts
- Maintain company fixed asset tracking and depreciation
- Work with Finance and Operations teams on Payroll and AP activities as needed
- Assist in various projects and audits as assigned by the Controller
- Support our company external audit by helping to gather documents and relevant data
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Accounting
- Committed team player, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Proven ability to organize data efficiently
- The ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with QuickBooks online or other accounting software
- Preferred experience as a Corporate Accountant or Bookkeeper, with experience implementing processes and procedures to help with a quick month-end and year-end close
Compensation for Part Time Role
- Competitive hourly rate
- Remote and flexible work
- Opportunity to become full time Accountant
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!