- SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK, or US REMOTE
About the Team
- DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about – helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
- To further this mission, DoorDash is building a best in class Creative Department.
- We will be populated by diverse, eclectic talent that inspires and creates.
- We take risks, challenge each other, and inspire new ways of thinking.
- We’re here to create pivotal work that we, our partners, and the entire DoorDash community can be immensely proud of. We’re here to do the best work of our lives.
About the Role
- To further our mission, we’re looking for a stellar brand designer. You’ll help build, evolve, and scale the DoorDash brand.
- You have a passion for design and understand the importance of strategic design solutions.
- You are versatile; whether it’s creating a new brand system, the perfect icon, the right type hierarchy or helping craft the right photography or video direction.
- You’ll have opportunities to design across channels and mediums and for multiple audiences, from digital to print to environmental.
- You will be responsible for creating strategic, conceptual, on-brand designs and look for ways to push our visual branding further.
- You can express your design process, thinking and solutions clearly.
- Your work will set the expectations of what great design looks like, not only within the walls of DoorDash, but the entire creative industry.
- No project is too big or small, you have a high standard and an enthusiasm to do great work no matter where it lives.
What You’ll Do
- Help evolve our design language, systems and guidelines
- Create assets for multiple channels (web, product, email, in-store, OOH, environmental)
- Make in every medium: from print, to digital, to motion/video, to environments and apparel
- Inspire graphic and typographic craft throughout the company
- Be agile and contribute wherever needed
- Operate at a rapid pace while never compromising the craft
- Contribute to an environment that fosters remarkable design and creativity
- Ensure quality output in everything you do
- Collaborate within the team and with various partners at DoorDash
- 4+ years of design experience.
- A strong in-house, studio or agency background as well as a proven ability to create work for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries
- Strong understanding of brand design systems and best practices
- You’re a reliable self-starter who can handle multiple projects with minimal oversight
- A portfolio of strong design work across mediums
- Excellence in typography, color, layout, composition, etc.
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Great presentation skills, both internally and client-facing. We want you to produce great design and be able to express your ideas clearly.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and other design tools
- Experience across highly ambitious, agile teams
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!