Client Accounting Manager
Client Accounting Manager
- Location: Remote US
The health and well-being of our team, clients, and community is our top priority. Were closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance from health authorities and government officials. Perkins & Cos physical offices are currently closed and our employees are working remotely; interviews will be held virtually for the foreseeable future.
The long-term work location for this role is flexible; we are open to a fully remote arrangement for candidates who are located in and authorized to work in the U.S. We are not sponsoring visas or hiring internationally at this time.
Client Accounting Manager
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, challenging and interesting work, and a dedication to continually increasing our competencies.
Were looking for a Client Accounting Manager to support our growing Client Accounting Services (CAS) group. This person will leverage their leadership experience and damn good accounting skills to provide strategic oversight and hands-on management of clients; supervise and mentor a team of bookkeepers; and assist in developing new business and fostering client relationships.
Have you been longing for a chance to have real, positive impact on businesses? Do you have a knack for process improvement? Are you a strong leader and relationship builder? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity!
Whats in it for you?
- Great colleagueswork with smart, creative professionals who delight in rolling up sleeves and digging in to help client organizations achieve their full potential
- Growthopportunity for exapanding your skills and knowledge within the position and theres room for advancement
- Participation in networking and learning opportunities such as AICPA, OSCPA, and other professional organizations
- Varietythe job includes diverse responsibilities and clients bring varying needs
- Paperless, cloud-based environment; were committed to smart use of technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We have fun here!
This role will be varied and have a broad scope of responsibility, but if we were to narrow it down to three major categories, they would be:
- Effectively manage team of bookkeepers; assuming full responsibility for their training, work assignments, scheduling and performance.
- Serve as an effective consultant to clients; able to discuss strategic and operational effectiveness of their organization.
- Onboard new clients, develops relationships, documents high-level monthly procedures, and eventually turns those clients over to subordinate bookkeepers on the team.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Please apply today for consideration!
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years bookkeeping experience including the processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and month-end close procedures is required
- Supervisory experience in oversight of complex client accounting services and/or bookkeeping work and development of new client relationships in a professional services environment is strongly required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills are required; 2 years experience managing a team is preferred
- QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification is required (or commitment to obtain within six months of employment); experience with QuickBooks desktop version also required
- Proactive, effective English verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong computer skills including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, etc. is required
- Must travel to client sites as needed (travel time is approximately 5% local travel)
- Experience in a large local/regional or national CPA firm is required
- A valid Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)
Ongoing training isn’t just a benefit, it’s a necessity. We provide comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance USA. Accounting isn’t what it used to be. We truly believe that you don’t have to work long hours to be successful.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!