Client Engineer, React Native
Live experiences help make us human, bringing us across today’s social and digital divides to focus on what truly connects us – the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that we share – together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for enjoying, discovering, and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web, and desktop supporting events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
It’s no secret that the events industry has been hit as hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. Sports, concerts, and theater were first to go back in March, and will likely be last to return. However, we are confident that the rebound is inevitable, and Gametime will be there to facilitate our nation’s need to get out there and connect with friends, family, and strangers alike. Our goal is to prepare for the upswing by developing brand new features while also strengthening our core ticketing product. Join us in helping ensure Gametime continues to be the leader in mobile ticketing.
Client Engineers are an essential part of Gametime’s Frontend Team. Working closely with product and design teams, we build and implement the user interface of our mobile apps. At Gametime, creating beautiful, functional designs that contribute seamlessly to user experience is critical to us. You will use your React Native expertise to push our iOS and Android apps towards comprehensive React Native integration.
What you’ll do/own:
- Work with Engineering, QA and Product teams to refactor and bridge new versions of our product with React Native.
- Design, develop, test, release and scale new and existing consumer marketplace features
- Provide technical direction for new products/features
- Create a best in class experience and app by iterating and A/B testing all facets of the user experience, from usage to functionality to pricing
Our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years experience in mobile application development
- Strong experience with React Native
- Experience building a jsor native mobile app with traffic at scale
- Ability to architect, refactor, and debug an app without disrupting users
- Experience with implementing complex, hybrid language/native mobile UIs
- Some Android (Java) and/or iOS (Swift) highly preferred
- Bonus points: Experience with integration/unit testing
- Proficient with mobile application lifecycles
- Startup experience is a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive comp package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- Monthly credits for events on Gametime ($1,200/yr)
- Snacks, drinks, company outings
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!