Coding Auditor, Inpatient
Coding Auditor, Inpatient
Job Location Nationwide – Remote | Illinois – Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Position Type Full Time
- Education Level CCS
- Travel Percentage None
- Job Category Health Care
The Medical Coding Integrity Specialist, Inpatient is responsible for completing quality assurance reviews on internal or external inpatient coding specialists. This may also include onboarding audits and training of newly hired Intellis coding specialists. This role is responsible for validating the coding specialist is accurately abstracting data into appropriate client electronic medical record systems, following the Official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Guidelines for Coding, UHDDS guidelines, and CMS directives. Validates Present on Admission (POA) indicators according to AHA POA guidelines and identifies any missing or inappropriate queries to providers. The Coding Integrity Specialist also plays a key role in reporting quality results, tracking and trending of educational opportunities of the coding specialist, responding to client subject matter needs, and providing educational support and training. The Medical Coding Integrity Specialist is expected to maintain consistent coding auditing accuracy rate of 95% or better while also meeting agreed upon productivity standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete all regularly scheduled quality assurance reviews for clients
- Complete onboarding quality assurance reviews and training on all newly hired consultants
- May perform training to newly hired coding consultants
- Communicates quality issues to management as appropriate
- Assist with identification of, drafting, implementation, and monitoring of quality improvement action plans for coding consultant
- Maintain reports and accuracy rates for coding consultants and clients as appropriate
- Respond to client QA needs at the direction of management
- Provide coding consultants educational sessions on error trends as requested by management
- Notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident
- Demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information
- Promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information
- Attend educational conference calls
- Provide coding support to the business as needed
- Perform other duties as needed with the project
- Maintains required productivity and quality requirements
- Maintains coding credential requirements
- Candidate must possess an approved AHIMA or AAPC coding credential
- Minimum 5 years’ coding experience recommended; 3 years of inpatient coding in an acute care setting required
- Recommend minimum 3 years of Trauma Level 1 and Academic Teaching facility experience
- Minimum 2 years of auditing experience preferred
- Must be proficient at ICD-10-PCS coding
- Trustworthiness and Ethics
- Consistency and Reliability
- Meeting Standards
KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrates strong communication and collaboration skills
- Has strong organizational, analytic and problem-solving abilities and techniques
- Exhibit consistent initiative with strong drive for results and success
- Demonstrate commitment to a team environment
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal as well as well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong time management skills
- Commitment and adherence to company Core Values
We offer an excellent base salary, full benefits package including 401(k), group medical, dental, vision, life, & short-term disability insurance and vacation/sick days.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Sitting, talking, hearing and near vision are required over 90% of the time. Feeling is required over 90% of the time and reaching is required about 50% of the time.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Over 95% of the time is spend indoors, with protection from weather conditions. Exposure to noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable is present in only unusual situations.
The statements outlined above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions of personnel so classified. This description is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the duties of employees under their supervision. Intellis retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to, or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!