Job Locations: US-Remote
Requisition ID 2019-6939
# of Openings 10
Category (Portal Searching) HCC Coding
To abstract all relevant ICD-9/10 codes from each chart as defined by Ciox Health and the clients scope of work for that specific project. The coder will adhere to the official CMS or project specific coding guidelines.
- The certified coder reviews, analyzes, and codes diagnostic information in a patients medical record based on client specific guidelines for the project.
- The coder will ensure compliance with established ICD-9/10 CM, DRGs coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines.
- Coders must meet and maintain 95% coding accuracy rate.
- Any other task requested by management.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD – 9/10.
- Ability to be flexible in work environment.
- Familiar with HCC coding.
- 1 year of coding experience.
- A strong knowledge base of medical terminology, medical abbreviations, pharmacology and disease processes.
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment while maintaining high quality.
- Must be able to follow instructions, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a remote environment, and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of the business use of computer hardware and software to ensure effectiveness and quality of the processing and security of the data.
- Must be able to commit to the following, PT a minimum of 20 hours, FT minimum of 40 hours weekly.
- Ability to be able work on multiple client projects.
- AHIMA certified credentials (RHIA, RHIT, CCS) or AAPC certified credentials (CPC, , CPC-H, COC, CIC, or CRC).
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!