Content Manager Marketing
Content Manager Marketing
- Remote Worldwide
Are you passionate about International Business, looking for flexibility in your career and craving creative freedom? Then come join our team! We are looking for team-oriented, resourceful and self-motivated candidates.
Job Purpose: Content Manager
Shield GEO provides outsourced employment and payroll for hundreds of employees in over 60 countries. Our Marketing team is responsible for bringing leads to the sales team. We maintain, update and work on the website and create content for both existing and prospective clients. As part of the team, you’ll be involved in producing content like our A Day in the Life Series, which features stories about our employees; our annual Gender Diversity series and our collection of thought pieces by our journalist on Flexible and Remote working.
Our team collaborates closely with colleagues in Customer Success to ensure that the content delivered aligns closely with the needs of prospective clients.
This role would suit a highly creative individual. You’ll also have autonomy over your own projects and be able to clearly see the results of your work.
You will have the opportunity to work remotely and with flexible hours. You’ll also have the opportunity to advance your career in a young, growing company.
Working with Shield
If you are excited by the thought of playing an active role in a company that provides opportunities to create and innovate, you’re at the right place.
We’re a remote-friendly company with employees all around the world. We don’t want to be limited by location and are open to hiring anyone from anywhere as long as it’s a great fit for us both. Before we get to know you, you might like to get an idea of who we are so you can decide if you want to be a part of what we’re about.
Every person is unique. At Shield GEO, we encourage an inclusive culture that embraces each individual’s differences. We believe that diversity of thought and experience is vital to generating creative ideas, developing effective strategies and making better decisions.
When hiring we do not discriminate by any unlawful means including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.
We offer reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities wherever possible. Our employees are provided with the basic equipment required to give them a comfortable, safe and productive workplace. If you require additional equipment beyond our standard offering we are happy to work with you to try to find a solution.
We can’t quite show you what it’s like to work with us but you can hear from our employees themselves.
- Working remotely and flexibly with Shield Geo
- Leave policy
- Work equipment policy
- Workplace Diversity policy
Do you share our values?
Our 4 values are integral to who we are. Our company culture is constantly evolving, every person who joins us adds something unique to our culture. But our values are shared by all Shield GEO employees. Do these values resonate with you?
We believe that personal growth and company growth go hand in hand. We look to foster our own growth and help grow the company. Every day is an opportunity to face a new challenge and get a little better. In our world of international employment it is impossible to know all the answers. Instead of trying to know everything, we focus on knowing how to solve problems. When mistakes happen we know it’s all part of the learning curve and we seek feedback to help us improve. We keep an eye on the big picture so we can identify improvements to processes and systems. As the problems become larger and more complex, it means that we’ll need more flexible and agile minds to come up with solutions.
We are self-motivated and love to see tasks to completion. Our managers and team mates are often in different time zones, and that’s ok! We aren’t afraid to step up when things get a little tough. We don’t like to micro-manage or be micromanaged. We trust our team mates to carry out their part of the process. We are responsible for our own workload and making sure we get our most important things done each day. If we get stuck we proactively seek help. And we show our reliability and accountability by keeping our systems updated. This also means our results can speak for themselves.
Do The Right Thing
Our clients trust us with compliance on their most important asset – their employees. This is a big responsibility! Doing the right thing means often times we choose a harder path and see it through to the end. It means we are open with our colleagues, clients and suppliers about bad news just the same as we share good news. And sometimes doing the right thing means we have to make decisions that will upset the very person we are trying to help. It’s a high standard but we stand by this very strongly. Doing the right thing also means considering how our actions impact those around us.
We are a service business and helping people is at the core of everything we do. We pride ourselves on how we interact with colleagues, service providers and clients. We recognize that in all areas we’re dealing with real humans.
We know that working remotely and dealing with such a mix of people around the world is challenging. We know that if we are having trouble understanding someone, they are also struggling to understand us. Empathy is fundamental to helping us discover what people mean and how they are feeling. To avoid misinterpretation we assume best intent in others.
Because so much of our communication is written and asynchronous, we default to over-communication. This means we give extra details because we don’t leave people guessing. We make sure our words are clear and easy to understand. And we are kind to our fellow humans.
- Relevant degree OR any degree with some relevant work experience OR a few years relevant experience
- Comfortable with technology. We are mostly remote and that means we rely on a bunch of applications to keep connected. That means video conferences and voice calls (Zoom), chat and messaging (Slack, Skype and Salesforce Chatter), shared documents (Dropbox). You’ll likely be working by yourself during parts of your day without access to tech support.
- Experience with any of the following – WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Fullstory is helpful but not essential.
Essential Characteristics of this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to absorb information quickly.
- Able to prioritize effectively and work autonomously while coordinating with an international team.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Well organised and able to manage multiple deadlines
- Ideally located in Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines or Australia
- Some flexibility in working hours. We discourage overtime work and you will only be expected to work a standard number of hours each week. But we have clients and colleagues all over the world so on some rare occasions you might need to be on calls in the morning or evening.
As content manager, you’ll be working on multiple web properties.
- Maintain website and update pages regularly
- Proof read and publish articles
- Identify key pages based on website traffic and propose changes to maximise conversions
- Manage and commission redesign of pages
- Create article briefs for our writers
- Liaise with our illustrator and journalist and manage the creation our monthly newsletters (2 per month)
- Commissioning designs for content
- Manage our LinkedIn and Twitter page
- Schedule Twitter and LinkedIn posts weekly
- Interact and engage with key influencers in the global employment/remote spaces on Twitter
- Monthly Marketing Report Keyword Rankings, Analysis of Website Traffic based on findings from Google Analytics, Track Clicks and Likes on Newsletters, Social Media etc.
- Create weekly meeting agendas for Marketing
At Shield GEO, you will have plenty of opportunities to lead and manage projects from time to time on top of your daily tasks. Every one at Shield gets involved in these projects. At the moment, you will be working on the redevelopment of one of our web properties. This project will be ongoing.
- Managing the development of our the site you will be guided through the process but the project will be managed by you
- Commission redesign of page and track performance
- Monitor keyword rankings
- Suggest ideas on how we can improve our website traffic
- Work on getting backlinks and improving our search engine optimisation
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!