Controller, Accounting Manager
Controller / Accounting Manager
SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE
LOOM TEAM – OPERATIONS
Loom is a new kind of work communication platform that has helped over a million people get their message across through instantly-shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $15 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
As the first hire on the Accounting team, you will have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping our accounting processes, tracking our performance, and identifying opportunities for improvements in our reporting. You will own the outcomes of the month-end close process, including journal entries, reconciliations and consolidations, and prepare, analyze and interpret financial data within the greater context of the business. We care about working as a team, delivering results, and what will move the needle most for Loom. This role will report to the Head of Operations. There is significant opportunity for advancement.
What you’ll do
- Own the entire Accounting process from Accounts Payable/Receivable to the Month End Close Process
- Build a robust and scale-able control environment around the financial close process
- Manage outsourced Accounting firm with goal of bringing Accounting in house
- Establish Revenue Recognition
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate close and reporting timelines; automate manual procedures and computations
- Ensure reported numbers are prepared on time and are presented accurately; understand the underlying transactions of the business
- Plan, develop, and implement effective accounting strategies, policies, and procedures
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure accounting issues are properly addressed
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in accounting (Big 4 experience preferred), including 1+ years at a high-growth technology company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related field (CPA preferred)
- Knowledge of SaaS /Technology Startup
- A strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting experience
- Exceptional project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to challenge the status quo to improve and streamline processes for increased efficiency and scale
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team) or Healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
- 401K with 5% company matching
- Yearly learning & development reimbursement
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote-first team
- Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
- SF office perks
- Remote weeks every other month
- Daily in-office lunch
- Unlimited snacks & drinks
- Remote-specific perks
- Home office & technology stipends
- Optional New-Hire on-boarding at our San Francisco HQ
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!