ANYWHERE IN THE US
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss controller you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking a driven, empathetic, and quick-learning controller to join our team. A position with Truss will allow you to develop a rich skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate and engage with internal stakeholders and vendors to develop a robust financial management program, including data-gathering and dissemination tools and procedures.
- Manage accounting operations, including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare monthly financial reports, including forecasting, cash flow, and modeling.
- Establish a strong internal control environment to comply with policies, regulations and contractual requirements. Ensure Truss procedures are executed in accordance with DCAA, GSA and SBA requirements.
- Evaluate, select and configure financial management tools to meet project and reporting needs without creating unnecessary technical debt.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- 5+ years experience managing accounting operations for a government contractor, or similar entity.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational communication skills, including active listening, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to share and coordinate data and conversations across an organization.
- Familiarity with government contracting requirements, and what regulators look for in an SBA and DCAA audit.
- A thoughtful, process-oriented approach to financial management, to ensure that recommendations and decisions are in line with stakeholder goals.
- A willingness to seek differing opinions, ask for help, and understand user-needs.
- Initiative with a bias for action.
- Experience configuring and operating a wide range of financial tooling.
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!