Controller – U.S. or Canada
Welcome to the CS Fam
CommentSold is a social commerce platform that modernizes the way retailers connect to online shoppers, including hosting live sales events and managing day-to-day retail operations. Simply, we help online retailers do less and sell more.
Our team is dispersed throughout the US and Canada, which means we value the diversity and unique collaboration that’s fostered through a remote team. We work incredibly hard for our customers, and believe deeply in our platform’s value. We’re a high energy, high growth team and we love to win.
We’re growing out our finance function, which means you’ll be part of a small but mighty team that sets our company up for fruitful growth, reporting to our VP of Finance. We’re remote, so personal drive and bias-to-action contribute to this team’s success at CommentSold.
In this role, you will
- Spearhead the ongoing development and improvement of finance processes, ensuring you’re considering the big picture while operating in the details
- Partner with the VP of Finance to document fluctuations in budget vs actual variance analysis, and support budgeting and forecasting
- Provide analytical support to senior management to support key business decisions, KPIs, and OKRs
- Ensure monthly close is finalized in a timely manner and all financial information is accurate and in compliance with GAAP
- Provide expertise during the ERP selection process, and play a key role in its implementation
- Oversee Accounts Payable to monitor cash flow for our organization
- Manage external relationships with bankers, auditors, tax preparers, and brokers (including audit process to completion) and maintain compliance with all tax regulations
- Provide monthly departmental financial statements and analysis, and collaborate on financial reporting and forecast analysis to executive team and board of directors
If you’re a great fit for this role, you
- Have extensive experience with core financial tools, including Quickbooks, Adaptive Insights, and/or Netsuite +
- Have formal education in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Have professional experience in private and public accounting
- Work well with executive and senior management teams, and understand the impact of Finance on an organization in a high growth phase
- Are exceptionally proficient in modern finance and accounting tools, and pick up on new technology naturally
- Are an ethical, credible citizen of the world, and have a clean personal financial history
- Thrive in fast-paced environments where the road ahead isn’t clear – you help establish that path forward for your teams
At CommentSold, you can work from anywhere thanks to the power of the internet – we put extra effort into our remote culture to ensure we exceed the engagement we all need. We value our team, and show that through competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to all full-time employees.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!