Creative Production Coordinator
Creative Production Coordinator
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401k and Staff Discounts.
Location: Remote, USA
Are you an organized, project management-savvy person who wants to help save the lives of homeless pets? Are you good at communicating and problem solving? Do you think you could build good relationships with Best Friends’ notoriously eccentric Creative Team while helping them stay organized? If you answered “yes” to all of this, then please consider applying to become Best Friends’ new Creative Production Coordinator. You’ll be helping our publications and collateral get out the door so that the word spreads far and wide that homeless dogs and cats need our help. On top of that, you’ll be a part of making history as we head to making the nation no-kill by the year 2025.
The Creative Production Coordinator is responsible for managing the work requests that come into the Creative Department. This includes, but not limited to copywriting, design, videography, editing and print services. The production coordinator will assign jobs, set priorities and monitor job progress. The Production Coordinator must anticipate and troubleshoot problems, coordinate simultaneous plans, oversee scheduling, and develop solutions to workflow delays. The Creative Production Coordinator acts as a liaison between the creative team and other departments within the organization. The ideal candidate must have strong communication, project management and problem-solving skills; and the ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with staff members.
- Assign jobs to individuals for copywriting, videography, editing and design, keeping in mind expertise and current workload.
- Negotiate timelines with requesters when needed.
- Recognition and understanding of potential urgency of jobs.
- Monitor team workloads.
- Monitor creative team calendar to know who is available for assignments; or in the case of contracted employee’s, meeting their weekly hour.
- Adjust workloads due to uncontrollable circumstances, such as last-minute jobs or jobs that become larger projects than anticipated.
- Track and monitor progress and follow up with team members or requesters to ensure work continues moving smoothly through departments and deadlines are met whenever possible.
- Act as the first contact if a problem occurs on a job.
- Ability to learn and understand best ways to use the different management software used by the creative team, including our creative project management platform (Workamajig) and our digital asset management platform (Widen).
- Maintain, evaluate and communicate production status with various department managers
- Maintain, evaluate and communicate production status with in-house clients (requesters).
- Handle any project emergencies, such as adjusting assignments due to timeline or project urgency changes.
- Create and distribute monthly Creative Work Request reports to managers.
- Train any applicable new employees on how to submit a creative work request via Workamajig.
- Attend and participate in regular creative team meetings.
- Attend weekly DAM meetings with the design manager and the Dam administrator to review any questions or possible problems
- Answer or assist with general questions for copy/editing/design. Creative Project Coordinator will be approached by various departments with questions. If needed, refer them to the appropriate manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Marketing and/or Creative Project Management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with different priorities and deadline.
- Experience with Project Management Software Solutions, especially Workamajig.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and ease in learning new software programs such as Workamajig and Widen DAM.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time working at a computer with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!