Customer Service Manager – Canada
Customer Service Manager (Remote – Canada)
AIR – CUSTOMER SERVICE
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app — one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. We believe that every interaction before, during and after buying with Hopper should earn the customer’s trust and loyalty. We focus every company decision first on what’s best for our customers.
Customer service is an important driver of core business metrics, in particular retention and lifetime customer value. We measure the effectiveness of our work through this lens. We generate long-term revenue by providing services that customers value, and we will not charge fees or markups for support services that aren’t also available through a free self-serve feature.
The Customer Service Manager is vital in ensuring that we have the best possible support for our Air customers.
As a Service Manager, you’ll coach, motivate and manage a team of top tier travel agents and Team Leads to ensure that they have the tools they need to help our customers. You will also work closely with the management team to evaluate and manage team performance and quality, implement new processes and features and support the launch of new lines of businesses.
Your mission will be to create the right environment and motivation for agents to best support Hopper customers.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead and coach a team of 15-20 team members, who help guests have a great experience with Hopper
- Set clear service level goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on performance while developing a high performing team culture
- Be responsible for the daily impact and performance of your team
- Organize and own 1-to-1 meetings with your team and be accountable for channel specific KPIs and CES scores
- Support growth and career development of team members
- Stay up to date on Hopper product developments and work with Enablement teams to answer inquiries
- Help build your organization through contributing to recruitment, training, defining team processes and organizational needs
- Work with key stakeholders across a fast-paced, collaborative environment
A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE HAS:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- At least seven years of experience in customer service, preferably in Travel and/or Technology
- At least two years of experience leading front-line teams to meet operational goals and targets; previous experience managing a remote team is an asset
- Excellent direct communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Passion for mentorship and people development
- Material experience in responding quickly and efficiently to organizational and operational changes
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
- Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!