Customer Success Engineer III
Title: Customer Success Engineer III
- Location: EMEA, APAC Remote
NS1’s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers and the world. We are the market leader in DNS and traffic management software and services, and our customers include the biggest properties and largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, and many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, coupled via our APIs into the tooling and processes of today’s DevOps organizations, and deliver reliability and performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, and also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
We’re looking for creative individuals who enjoy a healthy mix of hacking and helping. You’re the type of person who secretly likes the fact that you run tech support for your entire family. You have experience running Linux-heavy distributed applications at scale, but you never forget the fact that a product is nothing without a legion of happy users.
Thankfully, NS1 already has an awesome product servicing some of the most innovative customers on the planet (see above). Now we need you to help us keep moving it forward. The majority of your day-to-day will be comprised of the front-line systems support type work that should be very familiar to you. When you’re not actively engaging with customers, you’ll have time to step back and develop tools and processes that will keep the Customer Success team operating efficiently. Overall if you enjoy triaging tickets with engineers, communicating complex solutions, assisting CSMs in customer migrations, and inspiring your colleagues through your resourcefulness this is the job for you!
Excelling in this position requires having broad knowledge of the many technologies that comprise modern Web Scale applications and being able to offer constructive advice for customer implementations as well as internal improvements. You’ll take responsibility for front-line support, and your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Triage and troubleshoot Support tickets for both DNS and DDI products.
- Participate in 24/7 weekend support on a rotating basis.
- Engage in video calls with customers for migrations, training and troubleshooting.
- Refine the support process and documenting learnings in the internal knowledge base
- Provide technical guidance, tips, tricks, training, and advice to the CSE team as a subject matter expert for our product suite.
- Serve as a consultative resource for customers as they integrate NS1’s software with their infrastructure
- Leverage insights gathered from working with customers to provide feedback into the product development process
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and Operations teams on customer facing issues and feature requests.
- Advanced understanding of DNS
- Excellent Linux/Unix, network, and firewall knowledge
- Experience with Docker administration and orchestration methodologies
- Basic knowledge of DHCP and IPAM
- Familiarity with shell scripting, JSON, APIs
- Familiarity and high level of comfort with managing distributed systems
- Prior exposure to containerized architecture and common virtualization platforms (eg. VMWare)
- Experience in customer facing/troubleshooting roles
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Nice to have
- One or more commercial DDI solutions
- Layer 4-7 load balancing
- Ansible or other config management software
- Tools in the modern DevOps toolkit
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Our technology stack at NS1, and the many systems you’ll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS platform that’s deployed on physical hardware
- Anycasted edge network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API and Client Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection and alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Distributed messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Other technologies and integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Go, Python, Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, node
- OpenTSDB, ELK, Grafana
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients and integrations
Working at NS1:
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we’re also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYC’s Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 and closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire and recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off and work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop and supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming and education
- Access to employee-led affinity and social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar – employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events and special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities and social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which we’ll use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity – we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!