Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist – Remote
- Job ID: 28219
- Functional Area: Customer Service
- Position Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
- Experience Required: 1 – 3 Years
- Department: Enterprise Business Operations
- Education Required: High School Diploma
- Relocation Provided: Yes
This is a remote – home-based position and can be located anywhere in the US. Our WORK FROM HOME positions fill quickly, APPLY TODAY!
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we’re leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our lifesaving mission. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The Customer Support Specialist provides enterprise customer service and technical support for donors, fundraisers, event participants, staff, and volunteers of the American Cancer Society through various channels, including phone, chat, email, and/or social media. The delivery of customer service and support to include customers’ fundraising/donation activities, ACS’ software and website interactions, events, and volunteer-related needs. The Specialist supports customers with specialized inquiries using various resources and technical applications. The Specialist demonstrates the highest level of customer service and promotes the resolution of issues through positive and deeper customer engagement. The Specialist utilizes Salesforce for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting issues or concerns.
- Handles a high volume of inbound contacts regarding ACS income generation programs, events, volunteer interests, and related websites and software.
- Assesses constituent requests and implied needs, using appropriate probing and clarifying questions.
- Attempts first contact resolution by leveraging technology and analytical skills to provide support and accurate information delivery. Takes complete ownership of requests, utilizing resource navigation and analysis skills to resolve constituent’s needs.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion to appropriately triage urgent and/or complex technical issues to the appropriate level of support staff.
- Provides a high level of professionalism, customer service, and cultivation with all customer interactions. Neutralizes escalated customers through excellent rapport and customer engagement.
- Resolves issues in multiple systems and ensures contacts and issues are correctly documented in all appropriate enterprise CRM systems.
- Utilizes administrative rights to troubleshoot and resolve web application, revenue-generating, and volunteer program issues.
- Employs extensive knowledge of ACS events, volunteer activities, and programs to educate customers on how to navigate and use websites and tools’ features. Uses all available educational resources and training to keep abreast of new developments in relevant software, ACS policies and customer satisfaction techniques.
- Follows appropriate processes and procedures through the use of Outlook, SharePoint, and other tools.
- Promotes relationship development for continual constituent engagement and revenue growth. Identifies tailored opportunities to further engage customers to foster a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Assesses and reports opportunities for process improvements and report any website, related program outage, or technical issue and customer feedback to the appropriate resources.
- Abides by ACS policies and security requirements.
- Educates customers on additional engagement opportunities with the organization, as appropriate.
- Takes ownership of personal performance and development by engaging in coaching discussions with the Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned, including projects and testing of new and enhanced processes, procedures, programs, and software.
- Some college and/or combination of two years business experience, preferably in a customer service-related position or tech support environment.
- Work from home experience desirable.
- Communicates effectively, with excellent written and verbal communication abilities required.
- Interpersonal savvy, with strong interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with managing ambiguity and complex situations.
- Demonstrated prioritization of customer focus by exhibiting strong ownership of customer concerns and thoroughly attempts resolution.
- Ability to read, comprehend and deliver information quickly to diverse constituencies. Ability to multi-task within simultaneous oral and written activities.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can also work as a member of a virtual team, leveraging a variety of channels to communicate with teammates and leadership.
- Strong computer skills required, including demonstrated experience with computer applications using Windows and related software applications.
- Typing proficiency of 50 WPM and ability to satisfactorily pass a pre-hire technology assessment and training assessments.
- Demonstrated experience working with Salesforce, online fundraising applications, mobile apps, social media, etc. preferred.
- Keen attention to detail & effective time management skills required.
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment, adapting quickly to new techniques and process changes, and can act as a change agent.
- Proven ability to multi-task, including the ability to read, comprehend and deliver information quickly to diverse audiences.
- Ability to handle pressure/stress, handle responses to criticism tactfully and maintain professional demeanor.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Spanish language fluency desirable but not mandatory.
Work From Home Requirements:
- A space free of distractions with stable internet connectivity.
- Internet connection with a speed of at least 10 MBPS download & 3 MBPS upload.
- Modem/Router with a minimum of 2 ethernet ports, and accessible for direct plug in to your Desktop and Phone. Wi-fi connectivity is not permitted.
- Dedicated office space must be large enough to fit 2 monitors. Monitors are 22-inch wide screen monitors.
- The American Cancer Society will provide some of the technical hardware equipment for you to perform in your role including a desktop computer, two 22 inch monitors, headset, keyboard & mouse, webcam, surge protector, adapters and connectors.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is conducted within a virtual contact center environment. The home office must meet privacy and internet requirements.
- Available to consistently participate in approximately 9 weeks of required virtual training on a fixed schedule.
- Ability to adhere to a rigid schedule and work in a sedentary and somewhat repetitious environment. Flexible to work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. CST and 7:00 p.m. CST including weekends and holidays
The full compensation range established for this position begins at a minimum of $17.00/hr. Actual starting pay may differ.
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!