Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist
- Berlin / Remote, Anywhere
- Network Operations Network Operations /
Reporting into the Customer Support & Operations Manager this role will be responsible for working with and supporting the Megaport customer base to address technical issues, account issues and general inquiries; working with internal teams to proactively resolve customer concerns. The successful candidate will be working closely with global staff where you’ll have exposure to the challenges involved in rapidly building a global network. This is a great opportunity for career growth and development and to gain exposure working in a leading global Network as a Service environment.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We’re global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We’re also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $2 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 230 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What you will be doing
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer inquiries, acting as first point of contact
- Prioritize first contact resolution by following operational triage process, managing all customer communication until resolution
- Manage multiple customer communication channels
- Troubleshoot network, portal, and account issues using a variety of monitoring tools
- Prioritize customer satisfaction and experience, taking the extra step so that users can get the most from their services
- Analyze data to report on varying trends
- Meet or exceed agreed performance measures and KPIs
- Thoroughly document and ticket work using relevant systems/software (i.e. Confluence)
- Manage additional requests from vendors, suppliers and other business units
- Provide accurate and detailed information on unresolved incidents acting as the interface with key business units, customers and management
What we are looking for
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Commitment to providing excellence in customer service
- Strong problem solving ability, able to break down complex problems
- High attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter able to work remotely with little supervision
- Motivated, engaged and able to operate both autonomously and within a globally dispersed team environment
- A passion for innovation and technology
- CCNA/JNCIA with work experience in network incident resolution or network infrastructure would be highly regarded
- Understanding of fundamental networking and software concepts
- Solution focus and keen interest in process improvement
What we offer
- Flexible working environments with the ability to do your job from anywhere
- Birthday Leave
- Generous study and training allowance + development opportunities + 5 days paid study leave
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Celebrated success with Legend’ and Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities for career growth and potential for global intra-company transfers for interested candidates
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview
Strictly no Recruitment Agencies please.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!