Data Entry Clerk
Virtual Data Entry Clerk (PT, 20 Hours) #GDX-19-6152
ELMWOOD PARK, NJ
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO’s diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation’s third-largest and fastest-growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
ELMWOOD PARK , NJ 07407
Part-time (Under 30 hours)
Monday-Friday, Flexible days and hours
Supporting our Genetic Counselors, working on a remote basis, a minimum of 20 hours a week, this Virtual Data Entry Clerk position is an excellent opportunity for someone pursuing an education in Genetic Counseling as you will learn how to read family trees and become familiar with GC technology and terminology.
The Virtual Data Entry will enter clinical information from submitted tests into an internal database. This individual will assist with navigating, maintaining, organizing and extracting clinical/medical information from test requisition forms. The Virtual Data Entry Clerk must review data for deficiencies or errors, and correct any incompatibilities if possible.
We will provide relevant hardware/software to support a remote working environment.
This position does not require being on-site in Elmwood Park, NJ. Open to out of state applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree in life science
- Career focus on Genetic Counseling
- Excellent typing skills (accuracy and speed)
- Computer literacy at the college level working with MS Office applications or similar
- High-speed internet access
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Remote work location secure for confidential data
- Enrollment in graduate program in Genetic Counseling
- Good organizational and time management skills with an ability to stay focused on assigned task
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Deadline driven
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!