Headspace is looking for a Data Scientist to help us generate insights for Marketing and Finance. You will analyze how effective our ad-spending/forecasting/pricing strategies are, define success measures, visualize via Tableau to track performance, and make data-driven recommendations that enable our organization to deliver the most value to our end users. You will use sophisticated data science techniques on Headspace’s rich data to develop meaningful insights to support the business.
A successful candidate should love complex business problems, be deeply curious, and be tactical in offering both fast and long-term solutions by exploring large datasets, and identify immediate areas that offer quick impact to our business. You should have a strong sense for data visualization and design, a keen understanding of which metrics matter and which don’t, and possess strong communication skills to interface between technical and content business teams.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Demonstrate practical experience of leveraging statistical and computational knowledge to build algorithms to support business questions in marketing & finance areas
- Focus on marketing, finance, and growth, models pertaining to growth (projecting out how a company will grow in x years) or marketing or spend allocations across campaigns, attribution modeling, pricing
- Natural communicator, who focuses just as much on the delivery and the “so what” of your insights, as you do on the technical craft of extracting them. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable navigating large datasets (advanced SQL), and programming languages for analytics (Python).
- Must have experience visualizing data and building dashboards in Tableau
What you’ve accomplished:
- 4+ years of proven experience in an analytics role, and a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, economics, computer science)
- Experience leading large data science projects: comfortable naming measurable results
- Ability to demonstrates skills/techniques involved in project planning, team alignment, project progress management, project launch and demo
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!