- Lehi, UT
- USA-Remote Location
- Full time
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who Are We:
Vivint Smart Home is the leading provider of smart home services in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than one million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company‘s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017.
As a Data Scientist you will be expected to analyze data and publish insights that improve Vivint’s product experience and provide recommendations on future products. The primary data sources for analysis include web analytics, mobile applications, and IOT devices.
What you will be working on:
- Join a team of data scientists and engineers working on key insights for managing the day to day business and aligning for growth.
- Communicate with the product teams to generate requirements and present results that help key stakeholders make effective decisions.
- Work in a fast-paced, self-directed, agile environment.
- Using a “problem statement” structure, clearly define the desired outcome, including analytic results and resulting actions.
- Work on home automation projects that you actually get to use in your home.
- Use analytical rigor to ensure that the business trusts the generated insights.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with timestamped event data and common data transformations.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Highly analytical with strong, demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking capabilities
- An understanding of statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in a Quantitative field (Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science)
- 4+ years work experience.
- Data modeling experience
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite gym
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
What We Stand For:
- Honesty and Integrity Come First
- Do the right thing
- Customer Obsession is Our Advantage
- A relentless passion to serve the customer
- Innovation is Essential
- Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
- We Win Together
- Individuals win games: teams win championships
- Exceptional is Expected
- Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
- We Give Back
- Helping people is core to our DNA
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!