NEW YORK CITY, NY OR U.S. REMOTE
Glitch is the friendly community where everyone can discover and create the best stuff on the web. We are a unique place for consumers, curators, and creators, and our design emphasizes people and what they’ve built over frameworks, features, or technologies.
We are growing every day, and we’re looking for a design director to build a team of talented designers. Our ideal candidate is a strong visual storyteller that can mold, refine, and evolve our current design operations, and help deliver a unified experience to our audience and work cross-functionally across teams to help make what we create feel like Glitch.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee the creation and production of all design across Glitch and elevate the Glitch look with hands-on guidance
- Work with team leads to prioritize, schedule, and streamline design projects
- Develop and implement brand guidelines
- Build processes to recruit exceptional designers and manage the design team
What We Are Looking For:
- Multiple years of hands-on design experience and a track record of success across traditional, digital, and social platforms
- Multiple years of experience creating and leading design teams, including a strong understanding of building consumer brands and experiences
- Experience with UI, UX, user research, and visual design
- Experience with branding, style guides, and pattern libraries
- Experience with presenting and advocating for ideas and designs, and partnering across teams, including product, engineering, marketing, and media
- Experience hiring designers, fostering career development, and scaling design teams
What to expect when you apply:
- Your application will be reviewed by a real human. We do look at every application that we receive and sometimes this means it may take us a few weeks to get back to you.
- You will hear from us in an email. After each phase of the interview process we contact each candidate to let you know whether or not you’ll be moving on to a next step.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to an introductory video call with a member of the hiring team. The goal of this step is to get to know you and learn more about your professional and personal experience and ambitions.
- If you are selected to move on, we invite you to a round of interviews with several of our team members. This interview stage typically lasts 3 hours.
- Finally, we hold what we call our Operations Interview where you’ll have an additional video call with our head of HR and our COO. This conversation is intended to help us understand where you are at in your job search process and answer any questions you may still have about working at Glitch.
- If you are selected for this role, you will receive a detailed offer letter that includes salary and compensation information and you will be given an opportunity to discuss this offer with our COO.
This position is based at our office in Lower Manhattan though we’ll happily consider US remote candidates as well. While our office is in New York City, about half of our employees are all over the US and the world. When you work at HQ, you’ll be in a brand new office, carefully and thoughtfully designed to give each person both private and collaborative work spaces. You’ll be part of a remote work culture where all of our meetings are online and apps and tools like Slack and Google Hangouts are the normal way to communicate.
We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. Compensation is $140,000 – $165,000 annually and we look at factors like your experience to make our offer, which comes with a comprehensive benefits package. We practice salary transparency and make our compensation clear and understandable. Glitch intends to set the standard for thoughtful and ethical technology, and you can learn about our values and how we run our company by reading our public employee handbook on our Careers Page.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!