Design Operations Manager
Title: Design Operations Manager
- Location: New York, NY, US
- No Relocation Assistance Offered
- # 87144 – New York, New York, United States
This position allows for remote work. You may be located anywhere.
We are looking for a Design Operations Manager to join the Colgate-Palmolive Global Design and Packaging team. This person will help develop the Design Operations function in order to create the conditions where Design and Design Managers can be most successful. The right person has a strong background in Design Operations with a track record of enabling high performing teams to reach their potential. High energy, ability to work with all types of people and a drive for continuous improvement is necessary.
This role is critical in developing the processes and identifying the systems that will allow us to grow and scale. The right person will work with the heart of the team, and report into the Associate Director of Packaging System and dotted line report into the Worldwide Director of Global Brand Design.
- Manage and champion the operational creative processes; establishing workflow, process standards and best practices to drive efficiency and quality in our work product.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and procure the tools we use for design, prototyping and research; partner with Design leadership team, procurement, finance and IT as necessary to gain input, buy-in and support for new technology.
- Stay on top of industry standards and trends in order to provide design process, tool and system recommendations and serve as a change agent for continuous improvement..
- Develop relationships within the Design organization and cross-functionally to understand each team and stakeholders needs; serve as design operations lead on cross-functional process alignment projects.
- Promote a culture of excellence around our design operations and codify usage of tools and practices within the design practice; communicate processes and changes clearly, build necessary buy-in for adoption of tools and new ways of working, codify usage of tools and practices with the design practice; work with regional teams to ensure we have global design operations process.
- Manage the employee on-boarding process to ensure all team members understand our design operations and have everything they need to hit the ground running; create and lead trainings and communication to introduce new tools or ways of working for existing employees.
- Establish a systematic framework for managing the creative request process to ensure optimization of resources; assign and track projects, maintain accurate and timely project documentation to inform stakeholder updates.
- Build and manage relationships with external vendors, such as our on-site agency designers; maintain our network of freelance designers; work to identify continuous improvement opportunities for our agency/freelancer practices and processes.
- Manage execution of contracts and invoice processing; ensure all estimates and budgets are properly maintained; provide status reports to the leadership team on spending; monitor and report financials for on-site design agency activity..
- Provide leadership as a business admin on applicable systems in support of the Design Team.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- 7+ years professional experience in a creative industry;
- Required, previous experience in design operations, managing processes and workflows across large, multidisciplinary teams.
- Prefer previous experience working for a CPG (consumer goods) company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education programme, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!