Design Systems Lead
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Product Design and Design Systems Team
We are looking for a Product Designer to lead the design of our design system. You’ll be an essential player in connecting our product experiences and creating solutions that accelerate the product development lifecycle. This is a central role that reports to Product Design and Research. You will work with a collaborative Engineering team to empower Designers and Engineers across the company.
What we’re looking for
Our current system has a solid foundation of technology, infrastructure, and tools, but we need someone with the expertise and connector skills to activate its full potential.
- You’ll bring with you first hand experience developing a design system.
- You are motivated to serve and amplify those around you.
- You can describe complex concepts in simple, easy to understand ways.
- You excel in a collaborative environment and actively seek feedback and input.
- Weave together seemingly separate requirements/use cases into elegant, scalable patterns and solutions.
- Own and execute the design process for creating and improving components and patterns. Create tools and libraries for designers to easily use
- Develop documentation that empowers designers to benefit from the design system (usage guidelines, examples, diagrams)
- Promote the benefits and abilities of the design system across the company
- Work with other designers to troubleshoot issues, field questions, and provide guidance.
- 5+ years of experience working in Product Design, with at least 3 years experience directly working on Design Systems
- Expertise in design best practices, especially with regard to accessibility, internationalization and mobile vs web
- Strong project management and connector skills
- A portfolio that shows high-quality design specifications and documentation.
- Experience with Engineering processes and working on an Agile/Scrum team
- Advanced expertise in Sketch and Figma (able to build/maintain libraries). Willing to experiment with new processes and tools.
- Knowledge of HTML, SASS/SCSS, CSS.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!