- Region: Remote/Offsite Employee
- Location: Remote Employee
- Employment Duration: Full time
As our new DevOps engineer you enjoy scripting, automation, developing, and working with robust monitoring tools at the cutting edge of technology. You see yourself as a subject matter expert who never stops learning, and you apply your knowledge to deliver great results, grow your career and help your colleagues grow around you.
As a DevOps Engineer , you will:
- Work directly with the Development and Systems team members to release, test, and monitor software.
- Design, implement, and validate systems for build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Handle software deployments in all environments (Dev, QA, and Production).
- Build, maintain, and monitor highly available systems.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline software deployment.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations.
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve software delivery.
- Consult with peers for feedback during all stages of delivery.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Improve infrastructure development and application deployment.
- Apply cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company.
As a DevOps Engineer, you must have:
- Expertise in scripting (shell script, PowerShell, etc.)
- Working knowledge of version control (Git, GitHub) and software repositories (Artifactory)
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Containerization etc.
- Solid experience with Linux and the best practices for deploying applications to it.
- Cross-functional infrastructure experience with Systems, Storage, Networking, and Virtualization technologies.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- A commitment to best practices on operational processes for DevOps.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are:
- Collaborative – you understand the whole is greater than its parts.
- Positive – you believe in the infectious power of positive thinking and display this in your everyday work.
- Passionate – you love what you do and can’t wait to apply your skills to help people communicate.
- Continually Learning – you have an insatiable appetite to constantly improve yourself.
- Technically Savvy – you understand technical concepts and practices and create solutions that scale.
- Self-Motivated – you are your harshest critic and biggest supporter.
- Goal oriented – you understand how your work fits in the big picture and follow through to make your goals a reality.
- A Team Player – you understand the basics tenets of being a great teammate, including proper time management, communication, and attendance.
- 2+ years DevOps, SRE, or System Administration experience.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Physical Demands: This position is required to sit most of the time and exerts up to ten pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently. This position is required to continuously sit, talk, hear, see, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and squat.
- Environmental Factors: This position works in an indoor office environment with a quiet level of office noise.
- Equipment Operated: Personal computer, printer, copier, fax and telephone equipment.
Why Work for CyraCom?
CyraCom International, Inc. is the leading provider of language interpreting services and operates the most extensive network of large-scale interpreter contact centers. CyraCom impacts the lives of millions in the United States by connecting those with limited English proficiency to critical services. In business since 1995, CyraCom services thousands of clients throughout the US, Canada, and Europe. The Company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the United States for a ninth year in a row and eleventh time overall in 2017.
“We make a difference every day.”
CyraCom team members help thousands of people communicate every day by removing cultural and linguistic barriers in all levels of every day conversation. We ensure high levels of accessibility by providing interpretation services over the phone, through video, and on-site at our client locations. We work relentlessly to provide the support and infrastructure necessary to ensure people can communicate at a moment’s notice, because at any time our service could be needed in a life-saving event. Our hundreds of clients span numerous industries, including hospitals, banks, insurers, entertainment companies, and government agencies.
Our employees most often say three things:
Culture: You have the resources of a large company with the flexibility and excitement of a start-up.
Impact: Your contributions matter; people notice the changes and improvements you create.
Meaning: Your work ultimately helps improve the lives of millions in the United States – CyraCom helps those who cannot communicate normally to access to healthcare and other vital services.
We value our employees and believe that an enjoyable work environment is beneficial to all. Here are some ways we contribute to that goal:
- We celebrate our diverse workforce.
- We encourage our employees’ professional and personal growth, including tuition reimbursement and internal promotions
- We provide a “business casual” dress code (with “casual Fridays”).
- On occasion, CyraCom provides a professionally catered luncheon for employees at each of our locations.
- CyraCom also sponsors occasional “Spirit Days” customized for each location and its employees.
CyraCom provides a generous menu of benefits from which you can pick and choose what is best for you and your family, including Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance, Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and professional development. CyraCom also provides competitive salaries, along with discretionary bonuses based on individual and company performance.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!