Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
We are a small team of engineers and administrators that run the development, test, and production infrastructure as well as the in-house IT services at eyeo. We are the ones who keep the lights on and the engines running. Our team is quite diverse; we value transparency, honesty and fairness.
After your morning coffee, you’ll be expected to…
- Monitor production infrastructure, mitigate incidents
- Automate provisioning and similar processes
- Design, implement and roll-out new infrastructure modules
- Integrate first and third-party components
- Support other technicians like administrators and developers
- Continuously improve code, processes and service quality
What you bring to the table…
- Great Linux knowledge (preferably Debian)
- Professional experience with at least one infrastructure-as-code tool stack
- Proficient in Unix shell and at least one other programming language
- Well-versed around tools like Git, GPG and OpenSSH
- Good understanding of web-related protocols within the OSI model
- Comfortable with major technical responsibility
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Ability to mitigate various IT incidents
- Fluency in written English
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working spacewe trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!