Digital Editor


Digital Editor for NOVA

  • Remote
  • Guest Street

DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW

NOVA is the most popular prime time science series on American television, demystifying the scientific and technological concepts that shape and define our lives, our planet, and our universe. NOVA’s important and inspiring stories of human ingenuity, exploration, and the quest for knowledge are regularly recognized with the industry’s most prestigious awards. As part of its mission to make the scientific enterprise accessible to all, NOVA is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work, from the production process to the range of stories we tell and voices we feature.

JOB OVERVIEW

The Digital Editor will fill an important dual role for the series, focused on both science writing and audience engagement. They will dedicate roughly 60% of their time dedicated to digital engagement and multimedia projects, including social media, email newsletters, and more. The remaining 40% of their time will be spent pitching, reporting, and writing a variety of content for NOVA’s website, including but not limited to news stories, brief news summaries, features, profiles, and pieces that tie in with NOVA’s other content.

RESPONSIBILITIES

  • Research and write news and feature articles for the NOVA website
  • With the Senior Digital Editor, create and execute social media campaigns for NOVA’s channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and YouTube,
  • Develop and write content for NOVA’s weekly newsletters
  • Provide the digital and editorial teams with data on social media performance and other digital metrics, as needed

REQUIREMENTS

  • Writing a range of content for a digital environment
  • Ability to develop stories that incorporate multimedia (including short-form video and graphics)
  • Attention to detail, research and fact-checking skills, commitment to journalistic accuracy, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
  • Experience writing in a range of content for a digital environment and collaborating across teams
  • Proven ability to write compelling stories and copy under tight deadlines

EDUCATION

  • 1-3 years’ experience as a science journalist and/or social media editor in a STEM field
  • Bachelor’s degree in science, journalism or a related media field is preferred.

JOB SPECIFICS

  • This is a project contract position


APPLY FOR THIS POSITION

Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!

WGBH

WGBH
Apply Now!

Any issue with this post?
Get in touch

Latest Content Writing Jobs

Stay Updated!

We'll send you digest of all latest remote jobs. And you will never miss an opportunity.

Stay Updated!