Director of Finance Business Partnering
Title: Director Finance Business Partnering
- Location: Salt Lake City UT USA or Remote
- Categories: Media / Publishing Education/Higher Education
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Finance, Director – OBL Product Development
Responsible for leading all financial activities related to Product Development Investments for the Online Blended Learning business. This role is responsible for acting as a Business Partner and advisor to the OBL Product Development Senior Leadership team, taking a lead on financial matters and ensuring delivery of business and operational objectives.
- Lead planning and forecasting processes providing accurate and timely future facing data on which to base decisions
- Oversight of actual monthly results and KPIs and informed and insightful commentary thereon
- Provide financial insight and analysis to support strategic decision making.
- Challenge the business to drive sustainable value proactively through informed and insightful decision making
- Support decisions on project and portfolio, ensuring they are measured against financial targets
- Drive implementation of global Finance process, policies, controls and procedures within the team
- Effectively collaborate with other areas of finance and drive implementation of the target finance operating model. Work collaboratively with the Pearson Finance Services (PFS) team to manage reporting and planning
- Ensure the business always remains in line with control standards
Qualifications and experience required:
- 5 years in a finance management role.
- Experience working in a multi-national matrix organization
- Strong understanding of materiality and ability to prioritize across competing agendas
- Deep accounting knowledge qualification as an accountant or MBA degree
- Ability to identify business risks and implementation of tactics to mitigate
- Understanding of financial control, business performance management and process optimization and experience of working in more than one of these areas
- An understanding of putting internal financial results into an external market context
- Awareness of multiple business models and experience of working with more than one
- Understanding of finance specialist areas: financial control, tax, M&A, compliance, corporate governance and ability to utilize proper judgement to involve them as necessary
- Understand the principles of change management and demonstrated ability to champion and drive change.
- Strategic Thinking: working beyond the current role to look at the big picture and shape the future.
- Communication: strong verbal and written skills within finance, across the organization and with external parties.
- Influence: presence and confidence to interact with senior management. Ability to leverage influence across teams and cultures.
- Emotional Intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, social skill) and the ability to apply it to work successfully in a matrix environment.
- Collaboration: with other internal teams and third party providers.
- Decision Making: understanding materiality, complex and uncertain situation, prioritization
- Performance focused: self & others
- Effective partnering and strong communication between Product leadership team and BPM Finance teams
- Strong performance against KPIs and targets
- Accurate and timely delivery of business cases
- Effective involvement of PFS in all relevant processes
- Improved forecasting and planning efficiency and accuracy
Primary Location: US-Remote
- Job: Finance
- Organization: North America
- Employee Status: Regular Employee
- Job Type: Standard
- Shift: Day Job
- Schedule: Full-time Regular
- Req ID: 2005865
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!