Director of Finance – Controller
Director of Finance / Controller
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA OR OPEN TO REMOTE IN THE US
Our Growth Mindset (The Mission):
Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later — those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Seesaw is a learning platform that brings educators, students and families together to deepen student learning. Teachers design and facilitate powerful learning experiences, students create, reflect, collaborate and make their learning visible, and families actively support and celebrate student learning. Seesaw is used by millions of K-12 students in over half the schools in the U.S.
The Curriculum (Your Role):
As Seesaw’s Controller, you will own accounts receivable, accounts payable, monthly close, tax, payroll including commissions, and accounting systems and automation. You will lead and mentor our finance team and make sure that our financial systems and processes mature and scale to support Seesaw’s growth.
Your Classmates (The Team):
You will be leading our finance team which includes a finance manager and financial analyst as well as our external accounting firm and bookkeeper.
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling our finance function to keep up with Seesaw’s growth, including building our team and upgrading our financial infrastructure (e.g. implementing Netsuite)
- Own the general ledger, tax, payroll including monthly commissions, accounts payable and receivable, insurance, audit, and equity planning
- Oversee monthly financial close, reporting, and financial forecasting
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles, procedures, and revenue recognition policies in compliance with US GAAP
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and international tax requirements and filings
Prerequisites (The Requirements):
- 10+ years of progressive experience as a Controller at B2B SaaS startups
- Strong technical skills and experience in financial reporting and US GAAP accounting
- Successfully evaluated, implemented, and integrated financial systems and tools; Netsuite implementation experience preferred
- Experienced people manager who enjoys teaching and developing the team
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) who enjoys discussing the impact of finance and accounting issues to senior management and non-finance business partners
- Results driven with a high level of ownership, initiative, teamwork, accountability, and integrity
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!