Director of Population Health Operations
Title: Director of Population Health Operations
- Location: Remote
- Full Time
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand s mission is to improve the world s health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We’re proud of the care we’ve provided over the years and the relationships we ve developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It s as simple as opening the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at DoctorOnDemand.com.
Doctor on Demand is reimagining care delivery and population health management. We are looking for innovative leaders to think outside the current methods of population health and develop new ways of delivering care to help our patients reach their goals in a personalized way. At Doctor on Demand, we also value diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization and in supporting our communities, this role will be instrumental in supporting both our internal culture and assisting in developing innovative ways to support underserved populations.
This critical role directs, coordinates, and provides oversight to the Doctor on Demand virtual primary care coordination and population health management team and leads a group of RN s, LPN s, Nutritionist, Social Workers and other roles designed to provide patients coaching support with care plans, goal planning and wellness within our nationwide virtual primary practice to promote success in value-based care projects and programs.
In collaboration with our physicians, behavioral health providers and other clinical team members this position will be expected to ensure meaningful whole person care. Heavily involved in the development of disease management programs, operational and technical infrastructure and capabilities. This role requires a unique combination of healthcare expertise and a strategic mindset to reimagine care management in a way that impacts affordability and clinical outcomes. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of healthcare organizations, systems based practice innovation and a proven track record of being a leader in the healthcare space driving quality outcomes.
The Director of Population Health Ops will assist to optimize performance for value-aligned incentives, alternative payment models, and other population health metrics across the system for more reliable, equitable, and high quality care. Initiatives will cover a broad range of content including but not limited to developing best practices within the care team, development of new tools and technology to support the patient and provider experience and developing partnerships with clients and third party vendors to create a comprehensive care management program.
- Management of Care Team operations, staff and associated programs
- Collaborate to create a vision and strategy for Population Health and Chronic Disease Management to drive differentiation in consumer experience and engagement aimed at improvement in overall health of Doctor on Demand patients
- Working with our product, engineering and data teams to create and refine frameworks for identifying, prioritizing, developing, and deploying programs
- Build and iterate internal and cross-functional processes that level-up efficiencies within the team while driving performance towards ROI goals
- Establish outcome measurements including KPIs to determine the efficacy of programs from a cost and quality perspective; establish cadence for which focus area leads will report out and collectively make adjustments as needed
- Drive operations (both directly overseen and cross functional contributors) to achieve Population Health goals / vitals including targeted ROI for programs deployed
- Improve STARs and HEDIS measures including through processes developed for the identification of gaps in care and strategies for closing those gaps
- Build team talent, talent development, and culture including focus on innovation and collaboration within the team and across Doctor on Demand
- Assess current team function vs. future needs and develop budgeting asks for 2021 and beyond as it relates to resourcing needed for the team s successful growth YoY
- Build strong network of relationships across Doctor on Demand to ensure Population Health is a steward for others success as well as staying aware of opportunities to streamline efforts and show cohesive strategy with primary stakeholders
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Science, Public Health. Social work a plus
- 7+ years healthcare experience in population health delivery
- 5+ years experience in developing and managing population health programs
- Analytical and operational range to be able to get into the details of cutting edge technological innovations as well as ability to zoom out and see the 10,000 ft view of strategic importance
- Track record of principled decision making with clarity and decisiveness
- High level of emotional intelligence with an ability to listen actively and bring out the best in those around you
- Strong technical skills using multiple platforms, must understand how to apply technology in achieving results in patient outcomes and quality of care
- Deep passion for serving others in the healthcare setting
- Experience in creating and/or working within a structured program development process to create consistency and speed to market for programs
- Demonstrated success in driving health and affordability outcomes within populations
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to create and execute business strategies
- Strong leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial and business mindset
- Familiarity with health insurance operations and financials
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position, own responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Doctor On Demand reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position, employees may be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!