Director, People & Culture
Are you looking for the ANTI-boring? A place where you can balance your exciting career and home life? A workplace where you are recognized and rewarded while working hard, developing your skills and having fun?
Well, your day just got a whole lot better… keep reading my friend…
First, as you can already tell, this ain’t (yes, I said ain’t!) another one of those painful to read job postings… You’re thinking, “no way… it can’t be, could this finally be the place???”…
It may very well be… people love working here and our employee tenure proves that. And if you check out our reviews on sites like GlassDoor and Indeed, you’ll see for yourself that my company truly is a great place to work.
Just like this job posting, this company is VERY different…but I’ll let you figure out for yourself, how and why you think we are different (and whether or not you’d fit in here).
Still here? awesome, let’s dive in…
My name is Jesse Cannone, I am the CEO of The Healthy Back Institute (www.losethebackpain.com) and we help people all over the world to live pain free, naturally.
We are growing rapidly and I am looking for a true all-star HR generalist to serve as our Director of People & Culture…
The proverbial needle in a haystack… I am looking for a very special person who has that rare combination of skills, talents, energy and attitude… ones that normally aren’t found together in the same person…
If you are a true ALL-STAR and think you have what it takes, then please keep reading…
The Director of People and Culture position is a true “generalist” role and is responsible for owning and executing all HR and Talent and Acquisition related functions. It’s full-time and reports directly to me, though of course you will work even more closely with our COO and leadership team.
Our HR function is currently co-managed with a PEO and you will serve as liaison between our team and theirs. Our current team size is approximately 90 and as I mentioned earlier, we are growing rapidly so your excellent performance is necessary to ensure we continue to not only maintain our amazing culture and level of operations but also continue to optimize and improve both.
We are headquartered in beautiful Austin, TX but are a completely “virtual team” and have been for many years… so working remotely is not only possible, but very likely.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as the primary human resources contact for all of our team members
- Manage and optimize all HR related programs and processes
- Lead the core people operations administrative functions to include team member relations, vendor relations with PEO, running payroll, administrative updates in PEO system, event coordination for company retreats and quarterly All Hands webinars, etc.
- As a completely remote company operating in many different states, this role requires someone well versed in state and federal regulations and compliance to ensure the company is operating at peak efficiency
- Maintain and further enhance HBI’s Total Rewards strategy to include benefits administration, compensation analysis, recognition and rewards and performance management
- This role is highly data and research driven, you will own a number of key metrics and Executive level dashboards to drive critical people related decisions
- Manage and optimize employee engagement and satisfaction
- Assist team leaders in optimizing performance of all team members
- Work collaboratively with HBI’s Training Specialist to ensure full execution on Learning and Development training programs for new hires and current team members to upskill and/or reskill
- Standardize feedback and performance management process, holding leaders accountable for quarterly discussions to ensure role clarity and KPI’s
- Effectively recruiting and acquisition of high caliber talent at a quick pace
- Own the full end to end recruiting process in partnership with Hiring Managers to create proactive, targeted talent acquisition strategies based on staffing needs of the department and organization. This includes all roles ranging from call center representatives to Executives and encompasses W2 employees, Contractors and freelancers
- Further develop and optimize onboarding and new hire training process
- Own and expand employer branding and presence externally to attract top talent
- Use our reputation in the job marketplace as a great place to work to build a larger and deeper pipeline of highly skilled and talented candidates
- Take our existing healthy and strong culture and spread it deeper throughout the organization, our brand and into the marketplace
- Maintain and improve culture as we continue to grow
- Minimum 5 years experience as Human Resources (HR) Director or Manager with extensive experience as HR Generalist in a small-mid size company during a fast growth period
- Advanced working knowledge of state and legal regulations for a large number of states
- 2+ years owning / performing the full cycle recruitment for a wide range of roles
- Managing a diverse group of team members including W2, Contractors and freelancers
- PHR OR SHRM-CP Certifications preferred but not mandatory
Must be highly skilled in all of the following areas:
- Recruiting / talent acquisition
- Culture development
- People management / employee engagement
- HR administration / employee relations
- Strategic planning
- Risk mitigation
- Working remote – ability to be highly productive
- Tech savvy – Google Suite, HRIS software, Zoom, Slack, etc.
Bonus if you have:
- PHR OR SHRM-CP Certifications
- Project management certification / experience
- Experience working in the direct response marketing or e-commerce industry
- Experience utilizing skills testing and personality surveys to drive better hiring decisions
- Event planning experience
PERSONALITY TRAITS YOU SHOULD HAVE…
- Leadership – you have vision and can create well thought out plans
- Great communicator – skilled listener, strong written and verbal communication
- Connector – a true people person and skilled networker
- Driven – relentless, passionate, self-starter, super determined
- Responsible – truly have an ownership attitude
- Organized – effectively manage work / projects in multiple areas at the same time
- Optimizer – natural gift for identifying and solving problems quickly and effectively
- Productive – great at managing your time, a strong starter and finisher
- Detail oriented – must have an eye for detail
- Resourceful – finds ways over, around or through barriers and challenges
- Team player – approachable, cooperative and a good collaborator
- Fun – great sense of humor as we LOVE to crack jokes and have fun
- Tough – must thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
So, as you can see, I am very clear about what the role is, what success looks like, and the skills, experience and personality traits needed. If you feel you are a strong fit, I would love to hear from you.
Benefits and Perks… Why Work Here?
The Healthy Back Institute is a publishing and consumer health products business and our mission is helping people to “live pain free, naturally.” Founded in 2003, it has quickly become one of the web’s leading resources for people looking for information and products to help them find relief.
Coming in at #595 in the 2010 Inc. 500/5000 (and if we would have applied again, would have made the 500 list several times now), the company is a strong, stable and fast-growing business. Privately held, without any outside investors to please, we do what we believe is best for the company, our team, our customers and the world.
Growing rapidly our team has gone from a small crew of 15 to over 90 in the past few years and we are on pace to be close to 100 very soon.
We are a team of true “all-stars” who work and play hard. One of our core values is “Family” and our culture certainly represents that, with most team members having worked here an average of over 4 years.
Oh, and don’t let the website url or company name fool you… we don’t just help people with back pain, we help people with just about any type of pain to “live pain free naturally”… and are about to undertake a major rebranding.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS:
- Work out of your home office! Completely virtual/remote
- Market leading compensation
- Very generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision, disability insurance (including HSA’s)
- FSA’s and 401K plans
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Annual company meeting and retreat – think somewhere warm and exotic – like Costa Rica!
- Deep discounts on our products
OUR CORE VALUES:
We know how important family is. We also know that relationships can become strained when pain runs your life. By helping eliminate our customers’ pain and providing highly flexible schedules to our employees, our desire is to help every person whose life we touch restore and maintain this important balance. We love and treat each other and all of our customers, like family.
We realize we have never “arrived” and place a high premium on continued education and learning. We constantly pursue ways to improve ourselves as well as new and better ways to help our customers live pain-free on a daily basis.
Be and Do Great!
We believe mediocre is unacceptable (and far too common). Excellence in everything we do is the goal… from the products we develop, how we serve customers to the impact we have on the world.
We believe everyone deserves an opportunity for a better, pain-free life. We believe in providing natural health alternatives which provide quick and lasting pain relief without the dangers associated with medications and surgery. And we provide a hand up to those with limited resources by offering much of our best advice through our free books, articles, audios, videos, email newsletter and website.
We consider trust to be the essential key in great relationships… as well as something earned and revocable at any time. We work tirelessly to exceed expectations and provide only the best advice, products and experience available anywhere. Our desire is to help every person with pain live a happier, healthier and pain-free life.
“We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!