Editor – Between Time Zones UTC-1 and UTC+3
Freelance Outdoor Editor Gravel/MTB
Millions of people all over the world discover the outdoors with komoot. We help our users plan the best hikes and rides to the outdoor’s most beautiful places, working to inspire people to live a life packed with more adventure. At the backbone of komoot is a huge repository of route recommendations and outdoor tips; handmade Collections built by passionate outdoor editors who experience these places for themselves.
To help inspire our growing community in the UK through the best outdoor content, we’re looking for an additional outdoor editor to join our team on a freelance basis.
What you will do
- Create unique Collections and stories looking at the UK’s best singletracks, the toughest passes, the most beautiful rides and the best multi-day routes to inspire our British gravel/MTB userbase.
- Write insider tips for other mountain bikers and gravel riders.
- Find breathtaking photos that capture the beauty of the best outdoor places.
- Independently build amazing routes on komoot.
- Tell the stories of these places—and your own adventures—to get our UK users dreaming!
Why you will love it
- Utilize all of your greatest passions: The outdoors, researching and writing.
- Your stories will inspire millions of people, from the seasoned outdoorsman to cycling and mountain bike newbies, and they’ll help establish our community in the UK.
- We encourage you to work from wherever you want, be that on a beach, in the mountains, from home, or anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- Enjoy a creative and responsible role that offers a great amount of flexibility and fair compensation for every Collection produced.
You will be successful in this position if:
- You are an impassioned outdoor editor with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an online editor/journalist or as a part of your own blog.
- You feel at home online and always adopt the latest tools to improve your own efficiency.
- You are a passionate mountain biker, bikepacker and/or gravel rider and know the UK’s best places like the back of your hand.
- You would like to work for us for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- You can write snappy and grammatically flawless English copy.
- You are highly motivated, excited about taking on additional responsibilities, and are structured and target-oriented in your approach to tasks.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!