Editor, Simply Recipes
- United States
About Your Role
Simply Recipes is seeking a new editor to join our team. You will be involved in the day to day work of assigning, editing, and publishing new content (primarily recipes, meal plans, and round-ups), managing workflow with our recipe testing team, and assisting and reporting to our Senior Editor.
As a food website that reaches millions per month, we have the power and responsibility to create positive change. We are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
About Your Responsibilities
- Assign, edit, and publish new recipe content according to Simply Recipes style and SEO best practices.
- Supervise of Simply Recipes’ recipe testing program, including assigning recipe tests, gathering responses, and providing Senior Editor with recipe feedback.
- Collaborate with content strategists, SEO analysts, illustrators, photographers, and video team to move articles through our pre- and post-publishing workflows.
- Use trend reports to generate new content ideas
- Actively participate and provide input and opinions in editorial planning and status meetings
- Help build and manage a diverse group of expert writers who can cover food topics from a lens that impacts different communities
- Work with the Senior Editor and Editor-in-Chief to help shape and define editorial strategy, increase audience, and drive user engagement
- Liaise with different departments to ensure editorial consistency across a variety of initiatives
- Occasional recipe developing and article writing (note: this is not primarily a recipe development position).
- Occasional appearances on social media and video content
- 3-5 years of experience developing online editorial food content and working with content management systems, including 2 years of experience editing freelance writers
- Must have experience creating and editing content specifically related to home cooking, understand nuances surrounding sourcing and credibility, and a deep understanding of what works on the web
- Self-driven; high degree of collaboration, organization, and positivity; ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and descriptions within the Simply Recipes voice and brand guidelines, Strong visual skills, capable of assigning stories to food photographers and illustrators
- Ability to assess creative quality and brand fit and give constructive feedback to writers and other editors.
- Degree in English, Journalism, or Creative Writing preferred.
- Culinary school, restaurant or catering experience, or other related culinary experience is a bonus.
Dotdash’s vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday’s 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!