Editorial Coordinator, Employee Engagement Editor
Editorial Coordinator – Employee Engagement Editor
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
This is a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
You will be responsible for the overall editorial planning and content strategy, publication and governance of various channels and cross-functional coordination to spur employee engagement.
Editorial Planning and Content Strategy
- Oversee all internal content scheduling and platform placement for all platforms
- Manage content workflow
- Work with partners across various functions to coordinate approvals and finalize content on time
- Plan content with an employee-first mindset
- Ensure content is consistent with GM’s behaviors, vision and values
- Responsible for quality of content and assets
- Lead weekly editorial meetings
- Standardize and enforce editorial process
Content Creation and Coordination
- Work with cross-functional team to brainstorm feature stories
- Work with internal and external partners to develop campaign strategies, write content
- Pitch content ideas to internal partners and Editor-in-Chief
- Monitor content engagement and adjust content strategy to boost engagement
- Working with UX data team, generate reports for campaign communications
- Interpret data to inform future content decisions
- Present data insights, trends and recommendations to leadership
- Quality assurance for all internal channels
- Uphold defined governance for content on various platforms
- Work with UX team to prep content daily for publish
- Approve daily newsletter, featured media headlines
Additional Job Description
- Identity connections across various campaigns. Bring teams together to tell stronger stories
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends. Always striving for continuous improvement
- Writing and content ideation and creation
- Ability to provide sound, data-based counsel to partners and leaderships consistent with defined editorial strategy
- Approach planning with a message-first approach. Start with the story, and then plan for the platform, leader, etc.
- Manage competing priorities and make quick decisions based on good judgment and available data
- Storytelling instinct – Able to recognize a compelling story, and willing to ask questions to understand the “who, what, when, how and why” of the story
- Tech-Smart – Comfortable with technology and interacting with engineers working on incredibly complex issues
- Writing skills – Creating press releases, key messages, and presentations for internal and external audiences
- Analytical mindset – Ability to leverage data and research to inform strategic approach
- Adaptable – Juggle many assignments and topics at the same time
- BA in communications or related field
Compensation: The median level of salary compensation for this role is $78,326.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!