- US – DISTRIBUTED /
- ENGINEERING /
At Fishtown Analytics, our mission is to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. The product we create, dbt is used by thousands of companies every week, and that number is growing fast. We’re looking for a software engineer to build cloud applications that make using dbt even more delightful and powerful.
Who we are
At Fishtown Analytics, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself—not just analytics tools—will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years we’ve built a community of 6,000+ people and 1,300 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbe has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry.
We’re on a mission to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. If this sounds like a mission you could get behind, we’re excited to get your help to continue to power this growth into the future.
In this role you can expect to…
- Directly manage anywhere from 4-10 engineers
- Help engineers on the team grow their skills and experience
- Be responsible for timely delivery of key projects
- Hold 1:1s, quarterly and annual reviews with every member of the team
- Gather, compile and clearly communicate performance feedback to the team
- Actively participate in our recruiting process from sourcing to hiring
- Foster technical decision making within the team, but also across teams
You are probably a good fit if you…
- Have worked as a senior software engineer in your background
- Have made an intentional decision to transition into engineering management
- Have strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- You are value-oriented, and you share our company values
You have an edge if you…
- Have experience managing a distributed team of engineers, or working remotely
- Have strong written communication skills
- Have startup experience
- Are technical, and capable of having in-depth decisions with engineers about decisions they are making
- Salary: $140k – $190k
- Equity stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, health/vision/dental insurance, and paid parental leave
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!