Executive Editor, Macworld, English Language
- Job Location(s) US-MA-Needham | US-NY-New York | US-Remote | US-CA-San Francisco | UK-London
- Job ID: 2020-1744
- Company: IDG Communications
- Category: Editorial
- Unit: Editorial
- Employee Type: Regular Full-Time
- Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
IDG Communications is seeking an Executive Editor, Macworld English Language to join our team in the United States or United Kingdom! IDG Communications’ vision is to make the world a better place by enabling the right use of technology. As the leading global media and data company powered by 1st party relationships, our collaborative, innovative and customer focused culture fosters success for our customers and our employees.
IDG is looking for an Executive Editor to help bring together the English-language Macworld teams, and promote collaboration with other Macworld teams globally.
The candidate must have a deep understanding of Apple hardware and software, and experience in producing high-quality written content and appearing on camera. Previous experience in managing a team is preferable, but not a pre-requisite. Above all else, the successful candidate must be a true team player.
The candidate should excel in a fast-paced web environment, writing and editing product reviews, buying advice, video scripts, how-to content, deals, news and original feature content with a sense of urgency, and to the highest professional standards.
IDG is looking for an Executive Editor to lead our Macworld editorial teams across the English-speaking world. The Macworld Executive Editor will report to the Macworld Editor in Chief, helping to make and enforce decisions regarding:
- What content is published, by whom and on which domain
- The proper balance of ‘push’ and ‘pull’ content across informational, instructional and transactional categories, using data to make smart decisions
- Planning around key Apple, holiday and shopping events
- The maintenance of evergreen content
- The diversification of traffic streams, building new audiences and increasing engagement across all Macworld platforms
- Content quality and SEO standards, making sure the Macworld team sticks to the plan
- The translation of articles published by global Macworld teams
- The avoidance of content and resource duplication
- Communication within the Macworld group and global Consumer editorial teams, where everyone has a voice
- Reporting on English language and global brand KPIs for traffic and affiliate revenue
- Exemplary reporting and writing skills. You should have a fun, conversational writing voice
- A confident, comfortable, engaging video presence. You should be able to connect with viewers, keeping them informed and entertained
- No-excuses Apple knowledge. You should be a true Apple enthusiast who knows the product universe, and has an enthusiast-level understanding of how macOS and iOS work, and how they have evolved
- A team-focused attitude, and a readiness to chip in and help whenever and wherever necessary
- Organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Some flexibility with working hours to accommodate communication with team members working in other time zones
- must be based in the United States or in the United Kingdom to be considered for this role
IDG is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!