Experienced Polyglot Engineer
Experienced Polyglot Engineer
- Location: Global
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 130+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and looking for a solution that isn’t just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Experienced Polyglot Engineer you will build greenfield, scalable web platforms. In addition to providing input on app architecture, you will create and review pull requests daily and engage with internal teams and directly with clients with an agile environment. You will work in small teams with a product manager, designers and other engineers to scope design and implement features.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate technical polyglot with the discipline to create and finish projects. You do not shy away from exploring new languages and technical tools, acquiring the skills you need, to get a job done. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
Your Responsibilities As Experienced Full Stack Engineer at Theorem
- Design and build scalable enterprise web applications using Typescript and Modern Java, Spring boot environment
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team working on different layers of the infrastructure
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
- 5 + years of professional experience
- Strong server side development experience utilizing Java and Spring Boot
- Good knowledge of design and architectural patterns and development best practices
- Previous experience building scalable creating microservices is required
- Strong RDBMS experience (PostgreSQL specific features is a plus) is required
- Messaging experience with technologies like Kafka, Kineses, RabbitMQ, or similar is a must. Kafka is preferred.
- Experience deploying to containerized environments such a Docker and Kubernetes is also a strong plus
- Demonstrated proficiency using 2 or more programming languages such as Typescript, Scala, Python, Go or Rust, in addition to what is required for this role is highly preferred
- Previous remote work experience
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Strong ability to communicate, collaborate, and empathize with others
- Previous consulting experience is required
- Recent experience in a high performing agile and/or lean environment, eg. Scrum, XP, Kanban, others.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
You Will Be Successful When
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- You thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning – Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly – you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity – you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- You are ntrepreneurial and intrapreneurial – always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 100% REMOTE
- TEAM RETREAT – Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
- HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND – HAPPY TEAM – We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
- HEALTHCARE & FINANCE – For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!