Freelance SciShow FactChecker
SciShow, one of YouTube’s most viewed and trusted sources of science information, is currently seeking a fact checker to analyze and review our scripts for accuracy. From the publication date of a study to what polarization really means, we need you to be able to identify and correct errors of all scopes covering a broad range of scientific subjects.
Job Title: FactChecker
Reports to: Editors
Rate of Pay: $18/hr (avg 20-30 hrs per week)
Location: Remote in USA
Term: Approximately one month with possibility of extension
Core responsibilities include:
- Receiving script assignments from editors
- Reviewing all information found in a script and verifying for accuracy
- Providing sources for corrected information
- Bringing ambiguous posits to the script editor’s attention for further review
Ideal applicants will meet the following qualifications:
- An academic background in a scientific discipline
- Experienced in quickly sorting through scientific information
- Able to identify reliable sources for validating facts and theories
- Keen attention to detail and a sharp eye for potential errors in thought process
If all the above sounds like you and you can identify the difference between adsorption and absorption, this might be the job for you!
SciShow is a channel produced by Complexly, a digital production company founded by Hank and John Green that focuses on creating quality and comprehensive educational content. SciShow videos cover everything from what dinosaurs tasted like to the light spectrum of antimatter. We look for the most fascinating stories out there, and we share them with viewers who are as passionate about science as we are. We talk to people with intelligence, clarity, hopefully a little wit, and most of all, an abiding sense of wonder about the universe.
For more information on Complexly and SciShow, visit: https://complexly.com/
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!