Full-time Faculty, Finance
- Remote/Nationwide, USA
- Full-time Faculty, Finance
Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors, and Masters degree programs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, non-traditional university setting. FT Faculty members teach a total of 14 courses for a Bachelor program or 12 courses for a Graduate program (which may be adjusted based on course lead duties) each year, including meeting annual service and scholarship.
- Providing a student-centered learning environment that enables students to attain success.
- Serving as Course Lead for up to four courses.
- Maintaining program and course outcomes at a level to ensure appropriate workplace skill levels for graduates.
- Reporting concerns regarding student academic progress to Academic Advisors.
- Referring students with questions regarding financial aid, academics, attendance, and personal issues or concerns to the appropriate departments.
- Actively assisting the University in retention efforts which may include telephoning students who are not engaged in the course.
- Participating in institutional assessment as assigned.
- Regularly attending and participating in faculty meetings and continuous improvement sessions.
- Assisting Chairs and Deans in developing and implementing new programs as assigned.
- Remaining current with trends, techniques, and advances in technology that are applicable to the program.
- Maintaining open and timely communication with students and the University via Purdue University Global e-mail. Responses to student emails must occur within 24 hours (with weekends counting as one 24 hour period).
- Providing students with appropriate guidance regarding academic excellence and attendance.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades.
- Completing other duties as assigned by the Academic Department Chair, or Deans.
- Doctoral degree in Finance or related field from a regionally accredited institution plus 18+ graduate credits in Finance .
- Evidence of intellectual activity required: Publishing in a double-blind, peer-reviewed journal no less than twice in a 5-year period or by publishing at least one double-blind peer-reviewed journal publication and have at least two other published intellectual contributions (e.g., research monographs, scholarly book or chapter, peer-reviewed proceedings) in the last 5 years.
- 1-3 years related experience.
- Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and adobe connect meeting technology.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
BU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Purdue University Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!