Finance Operations Manager
AP Finance Operations Manager
- G&A – FINANCE
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about re-imagining a 700 billion dollar industry. You are a driven, organized and experienced Analyst who is inspired by a fast-paced environment. You are a self-starter, problem solver, have a “team first” mentality, and are extremely inquisitive.
As an AP Finance Operations Manager you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the accounting department! You will heavily support the day to day for AP, focusing on ensuring accuracy of the transactions being processed, helping to improve processes, and helping to get the back office in a position for automation of areas.
- Ensure accuracy of AP processing in high-volume transaction environment
- Oversee team responsible for processing AP transactions
- Track and report on operational metrics, driving increasing efficiency and productivity Improve process automation and build solutions with Engineering to support growth and scaling of business
- Work cross functionally with Carrier Sales and other teams to resolve issues with loads
- Perform reconciliation of GL accounts as needed
- Maintain, reconcile, and process the daily Accounts payable batches
- Help create and maintain vendor hierarchies
- Prepare journal entries for review/posting as required
- Investigate bill variances, research and resolve payment disputes issues
- Review and reconcile OMS to ERP on an order level
- Audit transactions for accuracy and completeness
- Support the yearly audits, month end close, and ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Monitors and documents internal control business processes
- You are proficient in English or a native English speaker
- 3-5 years of experience in a high paced environment working on operations and AP
- Bachelor’s Degree with an exceptional academic record In Accounting or Finance
- Experience with process and process improvement
- An understanding of financial statements
- Excellent systems skills and comfortable working with large sets of data
- Experience with accruals and reconciliation is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail; ability to deliver high quality, timely, and accurate work
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to multitask, and handle a variety of projects
- Team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and drive to succeed
- Experience working with big offshore teams is a big plus
- Experience supporting yearly audits and month end close is a big plus
- Understanding of EDI and industry background/knowledge preferred
- Strong knowledge of Excel (filtering, vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Google Sheets skills
- Quickbooks is a big plus
We are considering applications from Brazil and the USA.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!