Frontend Web Engineer
Frontend Web Engineer – Emerging Platforms
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Emerging Platforms team at Twitch targets new opportunities to expand our community. The team’s primary focus has been on a high performance, Universal React application for mobile devices. Now we’re leveraging this system to expand onto other platforms, such as living room devices that benefit from our efficient and modular architecture. On this team you’ll write in TypeScript and leverage Relay Modern, Lerna, & Next.js to deliver a delightful experience with maximum performance to our users across multiple platforms.
- Design and implement core functionality to power the mobile web application and other emerging platforms at Twitch.
- Work closely with Design and Product Management to build core components used throughout the experience.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and advise and assist them in bringing new features to the platform.
- Research new technologies for mobile web and other emerging platforms at Twitch.
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering high quality user experiences.
- Experience working on mobile web applications or embedded web clients.
- Experience with Next.js, React, GraphQL, Relay Modern, Jest, or TypeScript
- Familiarity with AWS technologies
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!