Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer (Full-Time, Remote)
The Family Independence Initiative (FII) is a national organization that trusts and invests in the initiatives of low-income communities. We are building the first ever capital exchange platform where government and philanthropic institutions can make direct cash investments in people living with low-incomes, and communities can connect with and support each other, creating their own pathways out of poverty.
- FII is seeking a full-time full stack developer to support the development of our technology platform, UpTogether. We are looking to turn UpTogether into the operating system of a new social safety net that invests in people based on strengths rather than deficits. The new UpTogether will be a capital exchange network where social investors (philanthropic and government) make financial capital investments in low-income members on the platform, and members invest in each other, giving and receiving help and support in their communities that we refer to as social capital. While we use a number of technologies (listed below), specific knowledge of each technology is less important than strong grasp of core engineering concepts (MVC, OO, REST, etc) and an eagerness to always be learning new languages, frameworks, and techniques!
This is a 100% remote position (must be based in the United States), so the successful candidate will have a solid internet connection and functional work environment. Employees are responsible for furnishing their own workspace, but a small technology stipend is available. Minimal travel will be required.
Our infrastructure leverages:
- AWS; including EC2, S3, Lambda
- Python and Flask
- Apache Airflow
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies as needed
- Self-starter who wants to spend the majority of their time building things
- Be involved in all phases of a project (design, build, test, deploy, and maintain)
- Personal connection to FII’s mission
The Team: You will be working on a growing technology team comprised of full-stack engineers and data scientists, and user experience researchers. We are very active on Slack and are focused not only on doing meaningful work, but also enjoying the process of working and building together.
- This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, 401(k), and vacation. Salary is commensurate with experience, between $100,000 and $120,000 annually.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!