Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
- Location: United States
- Location: Virtual. Will work from your home office.
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Support TEAM: YES! In-house cross-functional development team, marketing strategy, editors, designers, web-dev and channel support.
- Job Type: Client Services Team
- Seniority Level: Associate to Mid-Senior level
Expertise required: Have 3+ years of software engineering experience
Uhuru is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join its growing Dev Hive. We are looking for highly motivated people that want to continue to develop their skills and knowledge and be part of a cross functional agile development team that is striving to produce superior systems. The candidate must have exceptional communication skills, enjoy solving technical problems, and be willing to multitask.
As a Uhuru Developer you’ll be responsible for continuing to grow and scale client platform as we introduce more projects and applications to more clients, all over the world.
Knowing how to review for quality is key!
Most Important Performance Objectives
- Produce scalable software solutions as part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for full software development life cycle from conception to deployment.
- Skilled working with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. Preferred languages and frameworks:
- Database familiarity with PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with DevOps topics such as Deployments, Continuous Integration, and Pipeline creation/maintenance.
- Experience in test driven development with a large scale application.
- Experienced in working with Git source control methodologies in a team-based environment.
- Understand and be able to function effectively in agile marketing methodologies.
- Team members at Uhuru must exhibit a positive, can-do attitude and always seek to improve Uhuru culture for fellow team members. They must be an effective communicator, able to resolve conflicts, work effectively under pressure, and always promote an optimistic and results-oriented attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop front end website interfaces to mocked-up specification.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture and systems.
- Create and maintain cloud applications, containers, servers and databases.
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensure responsiveness of applications for all screen sizes.
- Designing and develop effective APIs for both internal and external use.
- Testing to ensure responsiveness, efficiency, and acceptability.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
The Successful Uhuru Developer should be able to:
- Understand the client’s brand, tone, and industry style.
- Be familiar with Agile software development.
- Take pride in your problem-solving abilities.
- Be able to take a loose set of requirements and turn them into detailed development tasks.
- Enjoy building apps that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
The successful Developer candidate should possess the following key traits and attributes:
- 3-8 years’ experience programming.
- Enthusiastic proponent of good standards and practices; keen awareness of appropriate languages and user experiences.
- Obsessive attention to detail and an ability to self-edit.
- Collaborate with Client Service Marketing and Sales teams to help drive client success.
- Work with client service designers and marketers to ensure high quality and on-time delivery.
- Spend a lot of time on Slack finding the right gif for every situation.
Our Tech Stack
- Our tech stack is comprised of MongoDB, Express, React and Node.js
- We use Jest for unit testing
- We have a bunch of third party integrations (Paypal, Stripe, HubSpot, etc.)
We also use:
- CircleCI for continuous integration
- Heroku for deployment/hosting
- MongoDB Atlas for DB hosting
- Cloudflare for our web infrastructure and security
- Amazon S3 for file storage
- JIRA for task management
- Confluence for our internal wiki
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!