Full-Stack Product Engineer
Job title: Full-Stack Product Engineer
Are you interested in making an impact on a close-knit team at a mission-driven company? Are you passionate about community, collaboration, and culture? Are you ready to see your work bring people joy and connection by witnessing the results of great customer experience? If so, we’re excited to hire a Full-Stack Product Engineer to help build our product from concept to execution and support with other big, exciting initiatives on the roadmap.
Icebreaker is an online event platform designed to give people a sense of togetherness that we typically only feel in person. We envision a world without isolation, where all people feel a deep sense of belonging.
We believe in creating a truly happy place to work and setting the bar for remote culture. Our founders — a social-change technologist, an activist turned entrepreneur, and a community organizer — are leaders with a track record of success from Change.org, Obama for America, Hustle, the MIT Media Lab, and Facebook.
Location: Remote (The Americas PT-ET)
- Compensation package includes both salary and equity
- Medical and dental insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible, remote-first work environment
- The opportunity to facilitate community and connection
Our mission: To strengthen communities by giving people a sense of togetherness online that they typically only feel in person. We envision a digital world that moves us closer together instead of further apart — where people feel deeply connected to the communities that matter most to them, and where loneliness and hostility decline.
Why this role exists: The product engineer reports to co-founder and CPO, partnering closely with our lead designer to implement end-to-end product features, including complex user interfaces. The role exists in order to build the product from concept to detailed execution.
What’s in it for me?
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team who is passionate about bringing people closer together. Icebreaker believes in building technology that is good for the world and is dedicated to showing people what healthy technology can look like. You will be an active contributor to this.
You’ll be part of the most interesting and exciting growth phases of a quickly growing startup. We launched our first paid offering on September 15th and are growing rapidly. You’ll be joining us for this exciting new phase of expansion of the product and business.
You’ll be joining a company with momentum and certainty of vision, while also still being early enough to contribute in a major way. The first 15 employees are a company’s destiny and you’ll be employee number 8.
- 3+ years of product engineering experience, including 1+ years in a senior role
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Passion for building authentic connection in an increasingly disconnected world
- Experience with Clojure or LISP languages is a plus. At the very least, you should be excited to learn!
- You will develop high-quality end-to-end product features from research, design, spec, and data model development, to engineering, quality assurance, deployment, experimentation, release, and iteration.
- You will collaborate effectively with product design, product management, company founders, and the wider product and community teams to turn product ideas into validated learnings about user and platform dynamics.
- You will maintain the highest standards of personal ethics and treat all team members and our wider community of stakeholders with professionalism and respect.
- You will be solving some of the most complex, real-time interaction problems with video, sound, and animation.
- Due to the rapid iteration cycle, you will quickly see the results of your work. You will see the joy the customers experience.
Core competencies/hard skills
- True full-stack engineer — You’ll be responsible for all aspects of product engineering, from designing data models to implementing UX details. You’ll enable the rest of the product team to efficiently ship new features by building and supporting reusable UI primitives and defining our UI language.
- Impact-driven product thinker — You will be deeply involved in every aspect of the product development process, from prioritization & scoping to design. You will constantly need to weigh the need to invest in long-term improvements against the urgency of getting features out the door. We’ll rely on your independent judgment to make reasonable choices.
- Startup mentality — Startups are fast-paced, ever-changing, and uncertain. You will wear many hats. You’ll at least need to be okay with that – and ideally, you’ll embrace it.
- Belief in our mission — Community should play an active role in your life. You understand our vision and believe in the company’s potential to realize it
- Kindness: we have a firm no jerks rule
- Playful, fun, with a good sense of humor
- Strong communication skills and the ability to give and receive feedback
- Passion for Icebreaker’s mission and product
Location: Any American Time Zone
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!